What's new

18 Ways To Be A Good Liberal

millenniumt

bye bye
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Mike said, the first one was funny because it was meant as comedy while poking fun at one party. Yours Aaron was (except for a few) openly hostile and in many places over the line.
I would estimate this is 100% dependent on your perception. I found them to be rather idiotic personally.

anyone who doesn't agree with me can blow up :robosmile

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Oddly enough, we really don't have many sheep in Texas.
We gots lotsa cows and goats, but very few sheep. Heck,
I've probably seen more ostrich than sheep in Texas, LOL.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you SHOULDN'T screw sheep. Sheep like sex. :grin:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Seems to me they used to shoot sheep men on sight in Texas not al that long ago.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My wife just blurted out "And never before in our life have we experianced dinosaurs" While reading over my shoulder.
I'll have to double check my research...but i'm pretty sure dinos didn;t emit billions of tons of greenhouse gases to speed up the natural global warming cycle:dunno:

LIke I said...I'll double check though!:rofl:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'll have to double check my research...but i'm pretty sure dinos didn;t emit billions of tons of greenhouse gases to speed up the natural global warming cycle:dunno:

I dunno. They want to outlaw dairys in LA county because the cows emit green house gases that are causing a major boost in LA's smog problem. Gotta assume them dinos put out a LOT more gas.:rofl:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0

I'm a Science techer down here, and they could have. Methane is actually up to 200 times worse than CO2 as a greenhouse gas. It has to do with the way the methane breaks down, but needless to say, those big ole dinosaurs that ate all the green, leafy vegetables could have produced some major gas.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm a Science techer down here, and they could have. Methane is actually up to 200 times worse than CO2 as a greenhouse gas. It has to do with the way the methane breaks down, but needless to say, those big ole dinosaurs that ate all the green, leafy vegetables could have produced some major gas.
Damn gassy dinos.:stretchgr

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

true...but there weren't any species around back then that were breeding them for sustenance!

Besides...many dinos were either a) carnivores or b) decendants of birds, not mammals or bovine

oh...and I'm also a science teacher ....UP here!:stretchgr

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Besides...many dinos were either a) carnivores or b) decendants of birds, not mammals or bovine
(a) Like modern ecosystems, I think dinosaur populations were bottom-heavy with herbivores, with quite a few insectivores and omnivores thrown in...and a smaller but substantial number of carnivores at the "top" of the food chain. Could be wrong. Correct me if I am.

(b) A bit backwards isn't it? Aren't birds thought to be descendents of dinosaurs...specifically therapods...making the dinos predecessors? Be that as it may, the fact that dinos were not mammals doesn't really say much about their flatulence one way or the other. Admitting to a lack of in-depth knowledge, I'd hazard a wild-assed guess that ruminants are ruminants the world over and may well fart pretty much the same. :glassesgr

As for paleo-greenhouse gasses, I seem to remember reading a while back that there's evidence indicating GHG levels tracked the temperature changes rather than vice versa. The gist was temp changes led to large changes in flora populations and perhaps large scale die-offs (and the resulting decomposition) that were responsible or contributed greatly. Vulcanism was cited as another major player during some periods, as well.

Edit to explain an inaccurate screw-up: I used "ruminant" when I probably should've said "grazers are grazers the world over" or some such. Technically speaking, ruminants (like cows) have multiple stomachs to digest tough vegetable matter and not all herbivores are ruminants. I don't know off the top of my head if any dinosaurs had multiple stomachs but I do understand that many (most?) herbivores had only one and that certain sauropods like Apatosaurus swallowed stones to aid in digestion.