What's new

1st fitness thread!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to work out, I havent done so since all three of my kids have been born. Its tough finding time to do so. Im thinking at night when they go to sleep but want something thats a quick everyday workout that doesnt need a bunch of equipment. I have been looking into P90X....but Ive just been looking so far.
This was my problem for a long time and I just started getting up an hour earlier. It sucks dragging myself out of bed most mornings, but once the endorphins kick in it feels great. I also started sleeping better at night when I moved my workouts from late evening (most of which I skipped cause I was too tired) to early morning.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I need to work out, I havent done so since all three of my kids have been born. Its tough finding time to do so. Im thinking at night when they go to sleep but want something thats a quick everyday workout that doesnt need a bunch of equipment. I have been looking into P90X....but Ive just been looking so far.
This was my problem for a long time and I just started getting up an hour earlier. It sucks dragging myself out of bed most mornings, but once the endorphins kick in it feels great. I also started sleeping better at night when I moved my workouts from late evening to early morning.
I already get up at 6am and head straight to work. I don't know if I could do the morning thing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my problem for a long time and I just started getting up an hour earlier. It sucks dragging myself out of bed most mornings, but once the endorphins kick in it feels great. I also started sleeping better at night when I moved my workouts from late evening to early morning.
I already get up at 6am and head straight to work. I don't know if I could do the morning thing.
That was my schedule when I was working, but I started getting up just before 5 and putting in an hour in the gym.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That was my schedule when I was working, but I started getting up just before 5 and putting in an hour in the gym.
How many days a week are you doing it?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
BTW Shaun T's Insanity is a crazy endurance/stamina builder as well
Right now I'm doing the 30 day Real Time Challenge as found on youtube. just trying to lean out a bit and build some stamina as well, and do something new; I get bored easily. I've done the insanity thing a couple times now. I can handle it better than I can just logging miles; I hate to run any more than 3 miles at a time.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
One of the ladies that I work with did one and broke her ankle. Jumped in the mud pit thinking it was deep but it wasn't. Landed wrong and "snap".

Another friend and I did a trail run half marathon. He injured the ball-socket joint in his hip due to the rough terrain and the fact that all if his training was on a treadmill. You have to pound the road some and do some uneven surface runs ahead of time to condition your body for these typed of runs.

Me? I'm a TRX guy with some free weights. Road biking and tri's. I did some light running this morning, my first since June 1st where I got a stress fracture in my foot and partially torn ligaments.

I'm glad for the thread as well.
it's like Mr. glass and family I cringed like 3 times in this post

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many days a week are you doing it?
Right now I'm doing it 6-days a week, but am currently out of work. When I was going to an office every day I did 4-5 days religiously. I do one day full hour of cardio and the next day 30 mins cardio/30 mins weights and repeat. I started out the new year at 185lbs and am down to 167.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Check out Athlean-X...they have different levels, start with 1, and the workouts only take 30-40 minutes. They have it laid out for both gym and home versions, so for the home version you don't need a lot of eqpt...I highly recommend it over P90x.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Completed the tough mudder over the weekend. Did well and completed all the obstacles in fine fashion!! Considering another midder run in August!!