What's new

20 hours and 531 miles....

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
But I'm not complaining!

Last Friday, March 5th, Steve (my S-I-L) and myself got in my Honda Element and departed Knightdale, NC for a trip to Washington,DC to see Pete at W. Curtis Draper Tobacconist. I started the morning at 5:30AM and ended it the next morning at 1:30AM.

Draper's has been a fixture in Washington, DC since 1887, and they have a very loyal group of follower's! Not a big shop, but very well stocked. All of the "Draper Boy's" , John Anderson, Matt Krimm & Ted Meeker were knowledgable, helpful and friendly....just three great guys....and you can bet that Drapers will definately be in my future travel plans!

Meeting Pete for the first time was well worth the drive and time to me. He is a very straight-forward, down to earth individual. What you see it what you get, there ain't no "bull shit" when it comes to him. I spent 6 1/2 hrs there at the event and had a great time. Pete always had a smile on his face and signed God knows how many autographs. I felt very honored that I was able to spend quite a bit of time with him. We talked about his cigars, cigars in general and the state of the cigar industry.

He gifted me a Boris (my first) which I smoked while he fired up a Frank. He told me he had a great time at the Burning Leaf the day before, than he proceeded to show me the cigars he was hit with by the guys. I did gift him a CC R&J Short Churchill from 6/06. He smoked it during his interview with Jerry Cruz from Stogie Review.

I won't re-hash his interview with Stogie Review. He did tell me he has a new line of swag coming out though, he showed me about 5 different shirts with "his" new logo on them (PJHC). They all looked very "Affliction-esque!" He is also considering coming out with his own style of Guayabera shirts.

Probably what made me feel the best was when I first approached him to introduce myself and shake his hand he looked me dead in the eyes and said, "SkinsFanLarry, Larry right!"

If you ever get a chance to meet him, take the opportunity, you will not be disappointed!

Attachments

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Looks like a great time Larry - thanks for sharing your experience!

So what did you end up getting?
A box of the La Riqueza Churchill (7 1/4" x 50) Limited Edition and alot of new friends! :cbig:

Pete made fifty (50) boxes of the La Riqueza Churchill (7 1/4" x 50) Limited Edition just for the Draper's Event. The Event started at 12:30 and by 3:30PM all 50 boxes sold....@ $100.00 a box of ten.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
What an adventure for sure. These are the slices of life that you remember. Glad you had a great time and great pics.
You are definately 100% right about that my friend!

....and yes Justin, you are right, except it was 3 cigars on the ride up and 3 on the ride back!