What's new

20 hours and 531 miles....

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Why so?

Pete used the "Affliction" term himself when he was describing the designs to me.
I don't doubt that. Affliction and all the other MMA apparel lines are just trashy. A great cigar company like Tatuaje shouldn't be messing around with glittery graphic tees.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I don't doubt that. Affliction and all the other MMA apparel lines are just trashy. A great cigar company like Tatuaje shouldn't be messing around with glittery graphic tees.
The designs I show had no trashy look to them, and believe me there was no glitter. I personally thought they looked cool. I for one, if he does release them, would be proud to wear and own one, but hey, that's just me.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
But you know at the end of the day, Pete's just "That kind of Guy".... (i.e. Rocker/Rock Star)
and he has the money to hire great designer's and put out a great
product..... How many of us wear those "Dopey Looking Altadis Hats"
and things of that nature... The guy is damn near leader of his own
subculture, and those raving fans, are going to buy whatever he puts
out. Look at the scramble/mayhem created when "Cigahs"(retailer here) said that
Famous were putting out the last of the Tat Ashtrays with the Fleur de Lis
on them! People went crazy for that shit. Here it is 3 months later, and
they're back on the market....

Pete has created a cult like frenzy for ANYTHING Tatuaje... They're gonna sell!

The designs I show had no trashy look to them, and believe me there was no glitter. I personally thought they looked cool. I for one, if he does release them, would be proud to wear and own one, but hey, that's just me.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Good for you Larry! I love to see positive stuff like this! Thanks for the pics!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry, glad you had such a great time at Drapers. John, Matt and Ted are great hosts and Pete is indeed as down to earth as it gets. Unfortunately I couldn't make it down to the shop in time, but I look forward to crossing paths with you soon! - Juan

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Larry, glad you had such a great time at Drapers. John, Matt and Ted are great hosts and Pete is indeed as down to earth as it gets. Unfortunately I couldn't make it down to the shop in time, but I look forward to crossing paths with you soon! - Juan
Juan, sorry we didn't get to meet at the event. I asked John where you were and he told me you would try to get in but that you were taking care of your daughter....family always comes first my friend!

I can promise you that will not be my last time coming up the Drapers!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There was, however, one disappointing aspect of the event... The shop sent out an email in advance of the event, which stated, in part:

"Pete is here for his annual First Friday event and has created a special cigar for tomorrow. It is a one time release of a limited edition La Riqueza. We have 50 boxes to sell and they are $100 each. These will be available as box sales only. We will also be debuting the new El Triunfador line a medium bodied yet full flavored smoke. Specials on the Tatuaje Tubes as well!!

SPECIALS:

* Buy a box of Limited Edition La Riqueza--Get a Tatuaje Swag pack + 1 Tatuaje Black
* Buy a box of Tatuaje Black or Red tubes--Get a Tatuaje Hat, Box Opener, + 1 Tatuaje Black
* Buy 4 El Triunfador--Get 1 Tatuaje Black
* Buy a box of El Triunfador--Get a box discount, Swag Pack, Hat, Box Opener + 3 Tatuaje Blacks"

As most here know, the black robos are usually only given out in packs of three for box purchases. So, seemed like we would be in for a rare treat, i.e., buy 4 El Triunfadors and get 1 Tat black. Alas, it was to good to be true.

Seems like there must have been some sort of communication breakdown between the shop and Pete because on the day of the event, the single black robo was substituted for a red label. (Still a great deal!)

However, I don't think anyone can go away unhappy; in my opinion, the El Triunfador is the true prize--well outshining the black robosto.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Considering they have been around since 1887, yes, it was definately smaller than I was expecting.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I wished I had a friend like you to hang with Larry....All my friends don't understand my passion for cigars so I get jelous with you guys easily...Thanks for sharring, it looked like alot of fun!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I wished I had a friend like you to hang with Larry....All my friends don't understand my passion for cigars so I get jelous with you guys easily...Thanks for sharring, it looked like alot of fun!
Thomas, you already got me for the "friend" part....maybe we can meet 1/2 way between you and me....and you can bet it won't just be for one smoke either! :cbig: