What's new

2010 stanley cup

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pittsburgh, the city of champions and charlottesvi
What an unbelievable finish to the Hawks Preds. Anyone see the hit by Hossa? Thoughts on its legality?
looked like a push..not sure i'd call it boarding but I can see why the refs did, and I've heard it compared to the Ovirated...I mean Ovichekin hit on the blackhawks player. Which, in my opinion, is bullshit. The ovi hit was more deliberate where as the hosa 'hit' was more of a push. And no this isn't ovi hate, I hate hosa also

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
it was pretty empty for most of the game
It was full...remember the seats at The Joe are red...as were a lot of the shirts, sweatshirts, etc that the fans were wearing. Also, if you look at the box score...."Attendance: 20,066 (100.0% full)".

Now, the Hossa hit wasn't as bad as the Ovechkin hit...however, I do not agree with the fact that the NHL takes into account that the opposing player wasn't injured. To say that you can hit someone from behind, at the back line, into the wall, and not get suspended because he didn't get injured is ridiculous. Hossa shouldn't have gotten a two-game suspension like Ovechkin, but he should have been suspended for one game, IMO.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pittsburgh, the city of champions and charlottesvi
It was full...remember the seats at The Joe are red...as were a lot of the shirts, sweatshirts, etc that the fans were wearing. Also, if you look at the box score...."Attendance: 20,066 (100.0% full)".

Now, the Hossa hit wasn't as bad as the Ovechkin hit...however, I do not agree with the fact that the NHL takes into account that the opposing player wasn't injured. To say that you can hit someone from behind, at the back line, into the wall, and not get suspended because he didn't get injured is ridiculous. Hossa shouldn't have gotten a two-game suspension like Ovechkin, but he should have been suspended for one game, IMO.
that's the great thing about hdtv you can tell the difference between seats and people. That place was empty in the second period.

The Hossa "hit" wasn't even a hit imo, it was more of a push. 5min boarding call, absolutely, game misconduct, maybe, suspension...ehhh not so sure

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
1996? You've got a long memory. lol
We Capitals fans have suffered, bro....those choking dog mo****f****rs!!!! :cursing:

:chat:

LOL...anyone who has followed the Caps since the 80's knows what I'm talking about--The Caps have always created this type of choke-job, and It's assumed to happen over, and over

Last edited:

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
We Capitals fans have suffered, bro....those choking dog mo****f****rs!!!! :cursing:

:chat:

LOL...anyone who has followed the Caps since the 80's knows what I'm talking about--The Caps have always created this type of choke-job, and It's assumed to happen over, and over
You have to listen to the post game interview with Bruce Boudreau. :headroll: