What's new

2011 Camaro Convertible vs 2010 Corvette Coupe

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
mustang gt or camaro aren't even in the same class as a vette. sure the may be spec wise, but just aren't

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Found a sweet 2011 Inferno Orange Corvette Coupe with 6-speed manual last night....and the dealer is "playing ball" so-to-speak (~$8K off of sticker).

Daddy like! Still noodling it, but the Vette is highest on my list, as of now....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My Only issue with the Corvette is that the model has been out for so many years now (since 2005). You would basically be buying it a year or two before there is a facelift. The Camaros are great looking cars and I like them a lot.... but 45k just seems like so much money for an entry level sports car.

That being said if money was not an issue I would pick the Camaro.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hear ya on the vette....I'm gonna check for a 2 year or so used one and see the prices, but I've gotta tell ya, there is something nice about having a factory warrant, especially on something with ALOT of moving/high-tech components!

I can't believe the price of the Camaro, granted, it is because it's a convertible and fully-loaded....I could go cheaper on it, but I've pretty much nixed it, the sight lines are horrible and it feels claustrophic. I like the feel of the Vette...we'll see!

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm a bit bias since I too work for GM but can't go wrong with either. If it were me making the decision, I would go Vette. with the GS package. If money wasn't an issue, ZR1 all the way!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
If only the Camaro had a retractable hard top. That way anyone with a sharp object would not have access to your interior.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, I found my new ride Friday night! After the Camaro Convertible vs. Corvette Coupe comparison, the Corvette Coupe won out. I found a 2011 Corvette Coupe that I liked and the dealer was "playing ball" so-to-speak. Just for grins though, I thought it was worth checking out the Corvette Convertible, I've always liked the finished look of the top-down Corvette Convertible, no tonneau cover to worry about. So, I checked one out, took it for a spin (yes, I still have that silly WHEEEEEEEEEEE! grin), the dealer played ball and I took her home! She's a 2011 Convertible Corvette with 6-speed manual.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Very nice! Good choice IMO. :thumbsup: Hope she treats ya right.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thank y'all! I now have to go from being a Jeep guy (what's "wash your vehicle mean? Mud makes the interior look good, right?" LOL) to a "nice car" guy (ie - time to stock up on wax, car duster, detail kit, etc. LOL

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I look(ed) at it this way, the numbers were essentially equal on the 2011 Camaro Convertible and the 2011 Corvette Convertible, due to them NOT dealing on the Camaro and them dealing on the 'vette....so it was an easy choice! I'm VERY glad that I got what I got. Drives like a freaking dream! I know there are faster/better handling 'vettes out there (Grand Sport, Z06, ZR1, etc.) but I gotta say, this thing is a BLAST!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like the ZR1, if you're buying, I'm flying! :cbig:

If the Z06 came in a convertible....maybe....LOL....but still too much $$$ for me....not that it's not worth it.....