What's new

2013 BOTL™ Corona Gorda by Drew Estate

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Thats sad that you cant become a donor until a certain amount of time!!! I just want a 5er !!
I think you can understand the logic behind that... there is a lot that goes into making this place special and the key ingredient is all the brothers and sisters who actively engage with one another to bolster the camaraderie. So there are these thresholds put in to place to prevent anyone from bum-rushing the site when special releases come out that were made for the people who make this place so awesome.

Like Romulus Cogswell said: if you miss out on a 5er when the release happens, rest assured that if you actually put in your time (I can see you are on your way already with a +TR) there will be plenty of brothers holding that would be willing to share. Hell, I bombed/traded out 10 of my 15 from last year, and you can be damn sure that I would do it again for the brothers who missed out.

"Ask not what BOTL can do for you. Ask what you can do for BOTL."

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thats sad that you cant become a donor until a certain amount of time!!! I just want a 5er !!
I think you can understand the logic behind that... there is a lot that goes into making this place special and the key ingredient is all the brothers and sisters who actively engage with one another to bolster the camaraderie. So there are these thresholds put in to place to prevent anyone from bum-rushing the site when special releases come out that were made for the people who make this place so awesome.

Like Romulus Cogswell said: if you miss out on a 5er when the release happens, rest assured that if you actually put in your time (I can see you are on your way already with a +TR) there will be plenty of brothers holding that would be willing to share. Hell, I bombed/traded out 10 of my 15 from last year, and you can be damn sure that I would do it again for the brothers who missed out.

Truth. I couldn't even afford a fiver last year. The brother on hear are spectacular. Just participate and you'll get a chance.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0

Truth to the second power. Sean smacked me with a couple. This place is awesome, and Sean is the shit. Dig it!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
:) looking forward to these too!!

Anyone want to buy a kidney ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when it bloody works properly

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Guys.

It is impossible for me to express how I feel about the opportunity to honor this community, my home and personal community, with the BOTL 2013 Corona Gorda.

If you look carefully, you will notice that the shot taken of the sticks was done on my personal BOTL shirt, that I have wornas much as my Cigar Press T Shirt - and thats a lot. Eric refuses to send me another damn shirt ...LOL .... but seriously, I need another one cause its got like holes in it from wear and tear. hahahahah ....

With your permission, I would like to post a few more details about this special offering on my Facebook page as well. Some of the guys are going to loose their mind, and it definitely helps in a small way to send other Brothers who smoke cigars but dont know about BOTL to come to our forum and get live with us.

You guys have been here for DE from the time we first moved into traditional cigars. We thank you for all of the years of continued support.

Best,
JD

IMG_2733.JPG

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
JD don't get me wrong, I think it's the cats ass that you are so active here and consider this your home board. So many of us feel the same way.

My only issue with posting the release on facebook is that there are only 100 boxes to go around, and I'm sure you'll have no issue selling out with the members we already have interested. I'd bet even some of the quality guys here will miss out for one reason or other, which is unfortunate. With posting it on facebook, I can see an influx of JD fans flocking to the site just long enough to get in line for their box, making it even more difficult for some of the guys who have paid their dues here - similar to what used to happen with every PJ release when I first came to the board.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
JD don't get me wrong, I think it's the cats ass that you are so active here and consider this your home board. So many of us feel the same way.

My only issue with posting the release on facebook is that there are only 100 boxes to go around, and I'm sure you'll have no issue selling out with the members we already have interested. I'd bet even some of the quality guys here will miss out for one reason or other, which is unfortunate. With posting it on facebook, I can see an influx of JD fans flocking to the site just long enough to get in line for their box, making it even more difficult for some of the guys who have paid their dues here - similar to what used to happen with every PJ release when I first came to the board.
I agree with this and feel it was very well said, but it has already been tweeted and halfwheel already covered it so my guess would be that mentioning it in Facebook probably won't make much of a difference. I think the biggest factor will be if people do not leak the release time and if podman does not send a mass email when it is up online. Either way, members will miss out regardless. With such a limited amount there is no way to please everyone (besides making more or allowing members to preorder.... hint hint :) )

Thank you for making a 2013 release! Like most people here, I hope I'm lucky enough to score a box, but am happy you all are doing this even if I can't get one

Last edited:

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0

I agree with this and feel it was very well said, but it has already been tweeted and halfwheel already covered it so my guess would be that mentioning it in Facebook probably won't make much of a difference. I think the biggest factor will be if people do not leak the release time and if podman does not send a mass email when it is up online. Either way, members will miss out regardless. With such a limited amount there is no way to please everyone (besides making more or allowing members to preorder.... hint hint :) )

Thank you for making a 2013 release! Like most people here, I hope I'm lucky enough to score a box, but am happy you all are doing this even if I can't get one
I have to agree even tho I have home on fb its no where near enough with just 100 boxes .......my 2¢

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
Eric and I understand your concerns regarding who gets boxes. We have been in constant communication to put a plan in place to make sure the boxes go to the the intended places. Our feeling is that we want the cigars in the hands of our members and brothers so every advantage will go to those who contribute here. We will plan a pre-order system that will be announced only through e-mail and forum protected posts so hopefully all or most of the boxes will land where they were intended. Word spread much faster that we had anticipated and for that I am sorry.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Boxes are sweet and all but how bout some love this year for the practical Botl?

Like a single or two Bro

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Yeah a single or 3 would be cool I've not been on here long but building friendships fast and even ole JD would smile at my collection of his traditional cigars I hope to land a few if not a box. Should add a 0 to that 100 cause they would still sell out with a massive quickness. I hope my 2¢ matters ;) time to get ready for they black Friday sale that should shut down servers lol good luck all in the hunt we will all need it......rev.b