What's new

2015 US Open - FOX

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Believe it or not...that is the way the USGA wants that course to look! Remember what they had them do to Pinehurst last year. It is the lastest USGA fad. All that fescue grass, very natural looking and not at all manicured. I can't stand it. Now the U.S. Open looks just like the British Open. We will be seeing more of the same next month at St. Andrews.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I don't care who's calling it. It's unwatchable when I can't see the ball because the course is in such bad shape.
I completely agree with this. Half the time I can't tell if the camera men lost the ball or if I just can't see it.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Pretty much agree with all the above statements. Announcing crew is terrible, by far the worst of any network. Course is in rough shape. I really don't mind the fairways and rough so much, but those greens are a disgrace. Several times they said a ball rolled off the green and I couldn't tell. I have Direct TV and I swear most of the time Fox looks like it is in standard def. Anyone else have this problem? I do, however, like the tracer graphics and the camera angles. They seem to set up farther behind the golfer with more of a panoramic shot. It really gives depth to the course.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I agree with you about the panoramics mossome. However, I really prefer seeing players a bit closer to watch the mechanics of their swings. A bit of both would be great. I think this course is also limiting the shots they can get with the elevation changes.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I like Greg Norman giving his input, but Joe Buck sucks. Lol. I think we get spoiled with Nick Faldo and Johnny Miller. Although, Sir Nick is pompous, he does know the game,

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
I like Greg Norman giving his input, but Joe Buck sucks. Lol. I think we get spoiled with Nick Faldo and Johnny Miller. Although, Sir Nick is pompous, he does know the game,
Joe Buck isn't suited for golf, kinda hard to watch tbh. It could be the course itself is such an eyesore that I find it impossible to watch.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I like Miller as a color guy far better than Norman. But Norman is new to the game and maybe he will improve.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Golf announcers in general suck except for Mike Tirico so to me it's just more of the same.

I can't stand Jim Nance.... "Hello friends"
Johnny Miller thinks he knows everything
Feherety and McCord stopped being funny 10 years ago
And really.... Natalie Gulbis??? At least show her if you are going to make everyone listen to her annoying voice.

Course is in terrible shape, comparing this course to Pinehurst is just foolish. The renovation at Pinehurst was a massive undertaking for the better. Course was taken back to its original design with a heavy emphasis on being more environmentally friendly. This year's course is a joke.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Golf announcers in general suck except for Mike Tirico so to me it's just more of the same.

I can't stand Jim Nance.... "Hello friends"
Johnny Miller thinks he knows everything
Feherety and McCord stopped being funny 10 years ago
And really.... Natalie Gulbis??? At least show her if you are going to make everyone listen to her annoying voice.

Course is in terrible shape, comparing this course to Pinehurst is just foolish. The renovation at Pinehurst was a massive undertaking for the better. Course was taken back to its original design with a heavy emphasis on being more environmentally friendly. This year's course is a joke.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Fox is the worst thing in golf since the medicus swing trainer.

Chambers Bay is terrible. The course is so damn obscure and gimmicky that it's stupid. I don't mind baked out fairways, but keep the greens in good shape. Last year at Pinehurst the only thing brown was the rough and green surrounds. That's fine with me because it's a huge water saver. These greens are unreasonable.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Also sick of listening to the USGA director defending the golf course. Admit the course sucks and you screwed up. And I still can't see the damn ball on these crappy greens.