What's new

2015 US Open - FOX

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
And why are there sprinkler heads on the greens? Sometimes I think the sprinkler is the hole. And when they put I finally see where the hole really is.

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think joe buck is partially deaf from all those nfl games so he's used to shouting at the guy next to him

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I started a Joe Buck drinking game today. I chugged a beer every time he said "hip turn like Ken Griffey Jr." I'm pretty messed up right now.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Really tired of the "experts" from the USGA AND course architecs defending the shitty greens with "it's just what the grass is like in the Northwest this time of year". Well, you know what? Don't host a US Open in the PNW if you know the greens are going to suck. I get that everyone has to play the same course and all that, but this is a 10 Million dollar championship being held on 10 dollar greens

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
ha there's a Gulbis sighting....but yeah, fox sucks, and this course is pretty much the worst US Open venue I've ever seen. I don't give a $hit about sustainability or being environmentally conscious when I'm watching the top players in the world compete for one of the majors. If me and 3 buddies want to go hack around, these conditions would be fine; not for the US Open though...

edit - I especially like undulating turf conditions and hidden bunkers while driving the golf cart as fast as it can go, but some of you already knew that :) :)

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
also, what's with the fkin trains? Reminds me of them having to stop the game for the train to go through the outfield in Brewster's Millions...Think they could have rerouted them at least for a day or three?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Spieth better birdie or bogey the last. Nothing stupider than an 18 hole playoff on a Monday. Or Dustin Johnson coming back to win.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Spieth won. Wow. Props to Dustin Johnson though. Felt bad he missed that birdie putt to tie it. But he impressed me with his attitude and play. Ive akways been a Spieth fan so glad he won

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Epic USGA fail with course selection and glad DJ made par because the USGA is antiquated in its 18 hole playoff as well. Had DJ made birdie no one would have even been able to watch a great playoff waiting on Monday.

I like Jordan and glad he won, but the USGA needs to take a long look at the way the handle this championship going forward. The British Open was originally a 36 hole playoff, then an 18, now a 4 hole playoff.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I agree with you Craig. Worse course set up, although everyone played the same course. The shape of the course was horrible. For a viewer on TV, it was extremely hard to follow the ball. Fox needs to rethink its broadcasting team if they get to do it next time. I didn't even like Hollys cameo appearances.

As of he USGA , I bet that many players will be addressing the many issues with this course and future courses. Billy Horschel is irks, Poults is irked, so is Sergio. but, Sergio complains at everything.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Fox coverage was offer all terrible from the commentators to them holding on to shots of golfers posing instead of taking the ball on the green quickly. Maybe they held those pose shots because their cameramen and women couldn't find the damn ball just like I couldn't see the ball.

A crazy final 9 holes saved the USGA and Fox's asses.

Brazos Hunter

The man, the myth, the legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Pretty much agree with all the above statements. Announcing crew is terrible, by far the worst of any network. Course is in rough shape. I really don't mind the fairways and rough so much, but those greens are a disgrace. Several times they said a ball rolled off the green and I couldn't tell. I have Direct TV and I swear most of the time Fox looks like it is in standard def. Anyone else have this problem? I do, however, like the tracer graphics and the camera angles. They seem to set up farther behind the golfer with more of a panoramic shot. It really gives depth to the course.
I agree 100% except for the picture quality. We decided a couple yrs ago to drop cable and go antenna, my picture is great and in HD. I have a hunch as to why they chose to be more "natural" and I in no way am trying to stir a pot, it's just my take on things. For decades the US had pride in being The super power in all areas. Now, I feel as if (for a better phrase) we are dumbing things down and no longer display that pride. I do love the Open and plan to go see it again for a few days one year but y'all are correct, it no longer looks like the Open of previous years.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Executive Director of the USGA, Mike Davis, is a pompous egomaniac with absolutely no respect for the history of the game. From what I hear, he's a hacker as well, so he takes a kind of vindictive pleasure in designing these U.S. Open layouts. He takes a keen relish in watching the best in the world play like himself. It gives him great satisfaction. The players don't like him either, and that's another reason he enjoys f-ing with them. That kind of childishness is terrible for the sport and I don't think I'll watch the U.S. Open again until NBC has it again. Joe Buck and Mike Davis are perfect for each other.

Last edited: