What's new

2nd Annual Reiter Oktoberfest at das Reiter Haus

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
For those attending... a little update!

Reiter Oktoberfest 2011 is only a few days away!! Looks like the weather is going to be a little iffy for us... decent temperature, but at this point, about 60% of rain. If the rain comes, and it gets too bad, I will do my best to accomodate everyone indoors, including the garage!! I will just be happy as long as it is not as hot as last year's event. That was totally uncalled for!

Children's Food Options: If you are bringing your children along, we will have a children's table with hotdogs , mac'n'cheese , and cheese pizza, and juice pouches.

Games: Bring along some dollar bills. NO, there will not be any strippers!! BUT... there is a very old German "game of chance" that I may have up and going. If we do, you can buy in for $1, and possibly win $4 back!!! So, if you're interested at all, feel free to bing some ones! We may also throw together a poker game! We have tons of board games, cards, bocce ball, toys for the kids, etc. So, should be something for everyone to keep entertained.

BEER: We will have plenty of beer! It will be all/or mostly German beer. If you don't think you would enjoy this, or would rather have some other kind, feel free to bring it along. But like I said, we have you covered!! We will also have some German Riesling for you wine enthusiasts! (And we will have some soft drinks, water, etc.)

"What should I bring?" : I've been hearing alot of this generous offer, lately... But we just want you to bring YOU... and a lawn/camp chair!

We will have a "Donations to Bring It Back" jar placed out somewhere at the celebration, that if you would feel inclined to chip in, to help continue the Reiter Oktoberfest for the future, you can do that. DO NOT feel obligated!!! We were going to have this out, last year, but was forgotten in the preparations.

On a serious note... Please be responsible! We want this to be FUN! So, if you plan on drinking... bring a designated driver along, or we can call a cab for you!

Soooo... are you ready? I know I am!!! Be sure to brush up on your best Chicken Dance!!!! Yes, I said it. And YES, you WILL do it!!!

See you all on Saturday!!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well, the 2011 edition of the Reiter Oktoberfest is in the books. It was wet, it was stressful, but it all came together for a great night!!

Thanks to Bob & Larry (no, not a VeggieTale reference) for coming down for this one. It was great to have you guys. And both were quite generous with cigar bombs, and Bob even brought some extra goodies for me. Thank you both so much!

After everyone else had left, Larry and Dan ran for some more beer, and we ended up with an impromptu Hold'em game running until nearly 3am!!

I will get more pics up soon, but a couple to tide you over.

Here is a line-up the next morning of everything that was drank during the festivities...

And since Bob is so jealous of our "Northeastern Oklahoma" haute cuisine, I bestowed a little gift upon him...

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Other than the rain it was a great night!! The frog puts on a great bash... and the food... yum :drool:

I'm still recovering from the late night. Man I don't bounce back from those things as well as I used to... guess I'm gettin' old :razz:

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Other than the rain it was a great night!! The frog puts on a great bash... and the food... yum :drool:

I'm still recovering from the late night. Man I don't bounce back from those things as well as I used to... guess I'm gettin' old :razz:
Thanks, brother!

I thought you were going to jizzle your panties everytime I opened the oven with the aroma of the brats roasting over that 'kraut wafting out at you...