What's new

2nd order from PuroCigar

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm super impressed with the service and responsiveness of the guys over at @PuroCigar . Hope this isn't bad form but I wanted to shout these guys out. image.jpg
The note is a nice touch and hard to find these days from retailers-Also, they threw in the cutter for free. Grade A guys..you have my business.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I ordered 10 Tabernacle from them, ended up they sent the package out short a 5er. Emailed them and had the shipping code an hour later and a bonus cigar. Not to mention a Warped bottle opener thrown in with the first package. No business is conducted without the occasional hiccup, it's how those get handled that matters and they did excellent by my standards.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I ordered 10 Tabernacle from them, ended up they sent the package out short a 5er. Emailed them and had the shipping code an hour later and a bonus cigar. Not to mention a Warped bottle opener thrown in with the first package. No business is conducted without the occasional hiccup, it's how those get handled that matters and they did excellent by my standards.
Exactly!-when you recover well and make it right is what matters.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, placed two orders with them since my original post of "online ordering".. Very satisfied so far. Love the free shipping and selection. Even got a few emails during the shipping process updating me on my tracking.. Cigars arrived in great shape, nicely wrapped. I will be ordering from them again no doubt.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm sure they are great to deal with but they, like so many other cigar retailers, don't ship to Canada. I never understood why companies will ship to Alaska but not Canada. There is one little extra form that is stuck to the package for customs purposes. Any customs or import charges are paid by the receiver. There's no added risk for the seller. Seems like many cigar retailers are missing out on a pretty big market. I order from the U.S. regularly but I'm not able to support the site sponsors.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Just did
I'm sure they are great to deal with but they, like so many other cigar retailers, don't ship to Canada. I never understood why companies will ship to Alaska but not Canada. There is one little extra form that is stuck to the package for customs purposes. Any customs or import charges are paid by the receiver. There's no added risk for the seller. Seems like many cigar retailers are missing out on a pretty big market. I order from the U.S. regularly but I'm not able to support the site sponsors.
I can understand your frustration and I am sure these businesses weigh the risks and benefits to make a sound strategic business decision. I don't think it's as easy as just adding a slip. I used to ship to Canada for my other business and had too many issues with returned packages, delayed shipments, and negative feedback. So I stopped, was not worth the headache.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been researching this for some time now. Exporting tobacco to Canada is tricky. We would have to specially ship each Canadian order via UPS Worldwide and the receiver would have to pay the Canadian taxes upon receipt. Cost is a factor and the high risk of a returned order. Would you be willing to pay the cost of shipping? I have not finalized research on this yet (I am still at the initial stages), so this is all preliminary information. I will spend more time on this next week and see what we can do.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been researching this for some time now. Exporting tobacco to Canada is tricky. We would have to specially ship each Canadian order via UPS Worldwide and the receiver would have to pay the Canadian taxes upon receipt. Cost is a factor and the high risk of a returned order. Would you be willing to pay the cost of shipping? I have not finalized research on this yet (I am still at the initial stages), so this is all preliminary information. I will spend more time on this next week and see what we can do.
Thanks for the reply. I agree that the shipping and import taxes are crazy high. So is the exchange rate at the moment. Our dollar is not doing too well. When I order from the U.S. I expect to pay 2 1/2 times the listed price by the time I open the package. But that is still worth it for two reasons. First is that cigar prices are very high in Canada and usually more than double the American price anyway. Secondly, we have access to Cuban cigars. Therefore most retailers have mainly CC's and usually a very poor selection of NC's. While I love CC's, I also love many NC's that are impossible to find in Canada.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One more thing for the nice people at Puro Cigars. I don't know why you state that you have to ship via UPS. The retailers I order from in the U.S. ship via USPS. This is a cheaper option for the customer but there can be a few days delay at the border. That has never concerned me if the cigars are in a zip-lock bag.
I'm not complaining. If the Canadian market is too small then I wouldn't bother either.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One more thing for the nice people at Puro Cigars. I don't know why you state that you have to ship via UPS. The retailers I order from in the U.S. ship via USPS. This is a cheaper option for the customer but there can be a few days delay at the border. That has never concerned me if the cigars are in a zip-lock bag.
I'm not complaining. If the Canadian market is too small then I wouldn't bother either.
I asked at USPS and they said no to sending cigars to Canada. I can dig a little deeper and see if the person I spoke to was wrong, but I will check again. It has to do with being able to collect the taxes from the recipient in Canada but, again, this could be incorrect. This is new to us. We want to accommodate everyone possible on BOTL, even if it is a smaller market, and will do our best to achieve that. And shipping without a ziplock/wrapped/sealed and Boveda? We just can't do that. We want your cigars to arrive like they just came out of the humidor.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My first order with Puro was spot on. I am in Southern California not far from them. I didn't take the customary tax hit and they included a thank you note, which may not seem like a big deal to some, but I appreciate it when I place a first order. It makes me feel like they give a damn

Puro..I shall return☺

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My first order with Puro was spot on. I am in Southern California not far from them. I didn't take the customary tax hit and they included a thank you note, which may not seem like a big deal to some, but I appreciate it when I place a first order. It makes me feel like they give a damn Puro..I shall return☺
Thanks for the comments. And we really do care! And try to take extra care with each and every order.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm a fan as well. Rob put in some extra personal time and effort to help me get my hands on some sticks that I thought I had missed out on. Shipping was quick, and the hand written note was a great touch. My order included a 5er of smokes that didn't come in cellophane. They even took the time to wrap each of those, individually, in plastic wrap before bundling the order together. I think that was really beyond necessary, and frankly, that's what exceptional service is made of.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
My 1st. Order went great a special welcome and arrived within 3 days.

Me next order a little later.

My most recent order placed. Early a.m last Tuesday. Had a return email stating My cigars would be here Friday, Not.

Now Saturday and still not here.

One can only hope for Monday, as tracking # implies.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just got done checking on all of the April 25 shipments, including @Genuine.
A few orders arrived on time in the 3 business days, but many of them took an extra day, so ended up arriving on Saturday instead of Friday. A couple orders are still in transit and will arrive on Monday.
Many of the April 26 shipments arrived on time Saturday, but several will be delivered Monday.
As always, no explanation from the post office. They "estimate", not guarantee, delivery dates on First Class mail. For the most part, they do nail delivery dates. Certain regions seem to always take an extra day, while others arrive consistently on time or even a day early.
I'll keep on top of the shipments. If anyone has any concerns, please let me know.