What's new

$4000 Cuban budget... what do you buy in Havana?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of cigars and what I am going to be looking at picking up.
RASS and Gigiantes
Monte #2
Cohiba Esplendidos
Maybe a couple Behike's
Punch Punch
Connies
I really like the Fonseca Delicias as a quick smoke to share with friends, its a superb value stick, if you havent tried one give it a whirl
Partagas Presidente
Partagas Salamone
Romeo Churchill

I have a list that is about 5 pages in a smaller notebook with sticks to try, some I have had before but a lot I have not. I am going to just try as many as I can and then grab a box or two and some singles of the ones I like.

If you are going to be in Havana and you plan on going to the Club Habana, I hear they have a killer custom roll in a size they call Monsdale. Named after the old owner of the cigar store Enrique Mons. Several people have told me to try this custom roll.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I read that on the people to people travel requirement, but we are going under the support of the cuban people category. So we have a few more restrictions on what we have to do, we changed a lot of our itinerary to involve helping with post hurricane cleanup and aid. We were supposed to fly down there the same weekend Irma came through but had to re-schedule since the flights got canceled. What we just found out though is that a lot of Havana got affected by the flood waters, apparently it flooded all the way into central Havana. So it is a pretty cool opportunity to help out some needing people and also get to smoke some cigars and drink some rum with some new friends.
Very nice! May end up being the most memorable trip ever.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Read through the link, thanks for posting it. Does it make sense to buy the CUC in another currency? Say buy Canadian $ with US $ and then CUCs with Canadian? Seams like quite a penalty, 10% If you have to pay two 3% exchange rates it's still cheaper then the 13% you pay US to CUC?

Or is that some sort of currency manipulation crime?
I have been to Cuba many times. As I understand it there is a 10% charge on all currency exchanges so it doesn't matter what you use.
I too wonder if the trip to Cuba was ever done ????