What's new

5 Days of TAA's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I doubt any shops have any 11s thou. I got all my 11s from BOTL on the forums.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah I doubt any shops have any 11s thou. I got all my 11s from BOTL on the forums.
Yes, you might be able to score some 2014's. I managed to pick a few up while in Florida at a local shop back in June. The guy pointed them out to me and I was sold. I'm kicking myself for not getting more of them. But if I recall he sold me the last 2 he had in stock.....but now I'll be looking ahead to the coming years for the other releases.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yes, you might be able to score some 2014's. I managed to pick a few up while in Florida at a local shop back in June. The guy pointed them out to me and I was sold. I'm kicking myself for not getting more of them. But if I recall he sold me the last 2 he had in stock.....but now I'll be looking ahead to the coming years for the other releases.
Up Down Cigar still has some 14's for sale.
https://www.updowncigar.com/index.cfm?fa=cat.detail&sction=1&subsection=51&brid=523

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to enjoy the 2013 today. Never had this one before and was a real treat to say the least. Prelight the cigar smelled of cocoa and leather with a cold draw of a tea like flavor. Once lit, the cigar started out with Cocoa, pepper, slight vanilla at times, leather and cedar. It doesn't have the traditional flavor I associate with tats and as it did with the 2011, it kept the initial flavors through the first two thirds. Getting into the final third, that tat flavor starts to show itself and I am getting a toastyness. the cocoa and leather are gone now and are replaced with a buttery creamyness. It reminds me of those buttered biscuits I used to get in the south, this one just has to much pepper and not enough gravy. That didn't last long, only a good five or six draws, and settled with the leather and cedar to finish out the cigar. The cigar was nicely balanced, it had issues staying lit but I'll say it's the weather since its raining here. Not a bad cigar but like a friend told me before I got it, you are more then likely going to like the 13 and not the other years or the others and not the 13. I see where he is coming from now as I like the other years much better.

Attachments

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Day: 2013
image.jpeg image.jpeg
I think the first thing I need to mention about this particular cigar is regarding the construction. I dug this out of the bottom of my Tatuaje drawer and what caught my eye first was how well the cap was done; the picture above does it zero justice. It was about as perfectly applied as I have ever seen. I never paid any attention to it before but today it really stood out to me. The rest of the cigar is very well done with tight seams and a closed foot which I am a sucker for. Hopefully it will perform as well in the flavor department as it does in the appearance. We shall see.
image.jpeg
Being inline with the previous two TAA's there is an immediate blast of pepper on the retro. This time though, the pepper stays longer than the others. The flavors are very familiar because the 2013 is an extension of the 10th Anniversary line, if you've smoked a Bon Chasseur then you will be right at home with the Grand Chasseur. I've often wondered why the 2013 was a departure from the TAA band and packaging we have grown accustomed to but considering 2013 marked the 10th Anniversary for Tatuaje it makes sense. I've been getting cedar, leather, clean tobacco, and some strong coffee nuances. The burn is relatively straight but gets wavy at times. Overall, it's a good cigar, certainly better than I remember when I first got them. If you're bummed out that you missed it pick up a 10th Anniversary blend and you'll get the picture. I will say that I enjoyed this more than the 2012.
image.jpeg

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Day: 2013
View attachment 71547 View attachment 71548
I think the first thing I need to mention about this particular cigar is regarding the construction. I dug this out of the bottom of my Tatuaje drawer and what caught my eye first was how well the cap was done; the picture above does it zero justice. It was about as perfectly applied as I have ever seen. I never paid any attention to it before but today it really stood out to me. The rest of the cigar is very well done with tight seams and a closed foot which I am a sucker for. Hopefully it will perform as well in the flavor department as it does in the appearance. We shall see.
View attachment 71551
Being inline with the previous two TAA's there is an immediate blast of pepper on the retro. This time though, the pepper stays longer than the others. The flavors are very familiar because the 2013 is an extension of the 10th Anniversary line, if you've smoked a Bon Chasseur then you will be right at home with the Grand Chasseur. I've often wondered why the 2013 was a departure from the TAA band and packaging we have grown accustomed to but considering 2013 marked the 10th Anniversary for Tatuaje it makes sense. I've been getting cedar, leather, clean tobacco, and some strong coffee nuances. The burn is relatively straight but gets wavy at times. Overall, it's a good cigar, certainly better than I remember when I first got them. If you're bummed out that you missed it pick up a 10th Anniversary blend and you'll get the picture. I will say that I enjoyed this more than the 2012.
View attachment 71556
Yes agreed. Better than the 12

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I won't be able to smoke my 2015 today. It's raining and cold here. Shoot. Hope you all enjoy!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

First one out of my box. Thank you for starting this thread. They looked so gorgeous in their home, I couldn't summon the strength to pull one out and ruin it yet. This thread gave me a reason to do so.
Very excited about how well these are smoking already. I've usually had to let my Tats sit for a while. Fantastic smoke!