What's new

7mm-08 AR Build. Step inside! (pic intense)

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Started with a PA-10 stripped lower. Putting these together is just like putting together an AR15 lower. Beware, though, not all the parts are the same as an AR15! That's a Magpul MOE stock on a rifle length receiver extension and buffer.
IMAG0775.jpg

Charging handle from e-bay, bolt carrier group from AIM, got the DPMS stripped upper from Midway on clearance.
IMAG0766.jpg

20" barrel from Black Hole Weaponry. Rifle length gas system.

Midwest industries 15" hand guard.
IMAG0768.jpg

Quick test fit. Everything is good to go.
IMAG0773.jpg

Put that guy in an upper vice and tighten to 60 lbs/sq ft. Notches line up nice for the gas tube. The vice block was made for AR15's, not LR308 uppers. I was able to use it by putting the upper in there cock-eyed.
IMAG0776.jpg

The gas block was a tight fit. A little Frog Lube solves that problem lickety-split.
IMAG0778.jpg

Handguard and cheap Chinese muzzle brake on.
IMAG0779.jpg

Ready to go!
IMAG0782.jpg

Good fit!
IMAG0783.jpg

Last edited:

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Range report in. I've very happy with how things went. I only put 10 rounds down the pipe, but from what I saw, this thing will be a tack driver. It's warming up and it was wet and messy. I had the place to myself and scored tons of brass. The rifle is soft shooting and you can see the hole punch in the paper through the scope. The bolt is a little tight, but running 50-100 rounds through it will loosen it up. I understand this is common with AR10 type rifles.

There were no failures of any kind.

Shooting this.
Federal.jpg

Our Ike's 300 yard range.
IMAG0808.jpg

Last two shots out of ten at 100 yards. Goal is to sight this in at 200 yards. That will be next time.
IMAG0810.jpg

Video I made for you guys! The forum doesn't allow embedding video from Flikr, so you'll need to click the link to see.
https://flic.kr/p/rvQGec

Last edited:

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That's slick man! I shoot a 7-08 as well but its a ruger mk II. Id like to get into reloading one day so I can shoot for less.