What's new

8ball & Zippogeek get a wineador

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
That is the same model I have, love it. Congrats! One suggestion I have is to move the drawer up in front of the fan after it has seasoned. I was having problems with different RH in the top and bottom. When I moved the drawer in front of the fan, it forced the air to circulate to the top and bottom instead of blowing across the shelf straight towards the door. Have fun brother!

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
That is the same model I have, love it. Congrats! One suggestion I have is to move the drawer up in front of the fan after it has seasoned. I was having problems with different RH in the top and bottom. When I moved the drawer in front of the fan, it forced the air to circulate to the top and bottom instead of blowing across the shelf straight towards the door. Have fun brother!
I'll second this notion.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright, ups man showed up and no damage, woohoo!

Easy to set this guy up, install the handle, and plug it in. But, now I have to wait out the dreaded seasoning phase. I'm thinking 7 days. I have three trays of litter (about 1-2 lbs each), and two small containers of distilled water. My digital hygrometer dropped to under 50 after 10 minutes in there.

These trays are huge! I can't wait to fill this sucker up. It's gonna be nice to move some of my cigars back into the boxes they came. Now we need some pics from @ZippoGeek .
Did you have the drawers pre-made? Or did you buy it as a package?

Looks like an awesome setup.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Did you have the drawers pre-made? Or did you buy it as a package?

Looks like an awesome setup.
Yep, it comes with them. I have to admit, the quality of the drawers and shelves seems pretty good. I was going to buy a wine fridge and have Forest make the shelves (since his work is through the roof), but being able to finance using my homedepot cc was ideal.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Have any pics? I'd love to see how you have it set up.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well, this morning I'm sitting at 74%. I'm thinking maybe this came preseasoned as it's only been about 17 hours since I added the distilled water. Think I'm ready to remove the water and add kl? I have to work the next 4 days starting tomorrow, so probably not gonna add any sticks till Sunday.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Put a decorative filing cabinet under it to get it off the floor and make it more presentable since its in my dining room. Top drawer is used for lighters/accessories/pipes and baccy. Bottom drawer is papers and such.
I'm digging the cigar boxes hanging on the wall too. That's awesome. Oh and the set-up you have is nice too! Nice spot in the corner.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@ZippoGeek & @8ball

If I can ask... how much out the door for those set ups? I've got to figure out how to talk my wife into one ;)
You could probably sign up for a home depot CC and get a discount and/or a deal on financing etc. They always have something going. I haven't been there in a long time shockingly so idk what their working with now....

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I used a $50 h&d gift card, so it ran me about $340 with tax 8.75% in liberal New York. Shipping was about a week due to it coming across the country from California. The pics really don't do justice, you can cram a lot in there. The drawers are huge. @ZippoGeek has good arguments in convincing his wife.

I pulled the trigger when my wife was not home. I figured worst case scenario was no sex for two weeks :D. That was a price I was willing to pay:nailbiting:.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I used a $50 h&d gift card, so it ran me about $340 with tax 8.75% in liberal New York. Shipping was about a week due to it coming across the country from California. The pics really don't do justice, you can cram a lot in there. The drawers are huge. @ZippoGeek has good arguments in convincing his wife.

I pulled the trigger when my wife was not home. I figured worst case scenario was no sex for two weeks :D. That was a price I was willing to pay:nailbiting:.
Hahahaha. $340 w/all included doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.