What's new

8ball's full back tattoo in progress

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well, I made a big move starting last month. I've been plagued with some scarring on my back throughout the years, which has affected me to the point that I refused to take my shirt off in public. My wife tells me I'm silly about that but you know how it goes when you become self conscious about something. Any ways, I'm a tattoo fan, always have been. My style is Asian inspired and I have two large tats on each upper arm, and a sleeve around my right leg from knee to foot. I finally decided that I need to get over this and decided to do a complete back piece. My first session was last month and my next appointment is tomorrow.

Everyone so far has been really nice on my new home here, and I Thought it would be cool to share my progress with you guys. Hope you enjoy.

I must say that the back kills (especially around the ribs) compared to my arms and leg.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yep back work is extremely painful. Just try to do it in small sessions. I had a hard time between the 4-6 hour mark in each session. Good luck man, it looks amazing so far.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I went so far as to buy a massage chair for the shop when I had my back done. It really helped to have something solid to brace against. Looking at your back now I can still remember the feeling and my muscles spasm a little just thinking about it. I'm excited for you!
I know this is old hat for you, but to anyone else wincing, just remember, pain is temporary but that bad-ass artwork is forever!

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Nice man, you'll be proud of our back before too long!

I have one on my side from back to front right on my ribs. It's worth it in the end

Upnsmoke

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet! That will look awesome, I like Asian style but only have a simple dragon on the inside of my right bicep that would be "Asian".

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Can't wait to see the end result, some day I'll start my back piece. Going with a WWII theme with a portrait of my grandfather in his uniform.
That's awesome man. I actually had an idea like that with dday as a theme, or a ww1 dog fight.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well boys, session 2 is in the books. More outlining and lots of scales today. Pain was much more bearable. Probably since I was more prepared and even watched Bill & Teds excellent adventure on my phone to keep my mind occupied.

"Had wooden teeth, chased Moby Dick"

"That's captain Ahab dude!"

30 days till session 3.

Session 1

Session 2