What's new

8ball's full back tattoo in progress

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Well boys, session 2 is in the books. More outlining and lots of scales today. Pain was much more bearable. Probably since I was more prepared and even watched Bill & Teds excellent adventure on my phone to keep my mind occupied.
Looks great. Who's your artist?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Looks great man! I screwed up my chances for a full back piece a long time ago. But I love what I have. Self proclaimed family crest in honor of my son and father on my shoulder blade.
I have had the itch to go back again just keep spending my money on cigars.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Looking good man. A clean outline really helps make a tat pop and yours seems to have really smooth lines, excellent. Can't wait to see some color in that, keep sharing.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wondered what was up with that missing last vertical line by the dragons horn in the first pic. But I kept quiet. Now I get it.
Keep us updated !!!

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Wondered what was up with that missing last vertical line by the dragons horn in the first pic. But I kept quiet. Now I get it.
Keep us updated !!!
Yeah, me too. I think his vision goes much deeper than my feeble mind. He's loving this project, since I just told him that I want it asian themed with a female warrior and my 4 year old daughter told me I need another dragon:p. I'm pretty much giving him free reign.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
How long was the second session? Progress looks good.
He moves quick. Both sessions were about 2.5 hrs, so I'm about 5 hrs in. He doesn't like to work much longer than that without taking a break, and man the back hurts, so I'm ok with that. I think we have one more session till color starts coming in.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Looking badass man. I don't think I have the perseverance to do a full back piece. If it's worse than the inner arms, I don't want any part of it. At least your approaching it by making a plan for the whole piece instead of piecemealing one together. I like it

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yeah, I have a band that is bigger on the inside of my arm than the outside. I didn't think it was too bad, but different people have different pain spots. I actually heard a guy say the back felt good like a massage, which I almost dropped my jaw at. I immediately started to regret it after the 1st session, because it really, really hurt (I even felt some pain in my chest), but the second session was much better. I'm just gonna knock it out 2.5 hrs at a time. I have another dragon on my right arm and a panther on my left, which I also plan on incorporating into the asian style.

The only thing with wrapping everything up into one style is that, although it'll look awesome, it also limits you to other styles that would then look out of place.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I think the arm pit and chest above the heart were the worst pain ever, I'll do my arms all over again before doing those two again.

That's a damn good price for 2.5 hours.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yep, He's about $75 an hour, pretty good. Plus he's got a bachelor's degree in art. Armpit? Oh man, I don't want to think of that.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I made the mistake of committing to a back piece in one session. It took 8 hours and a quite a few breaks for both me and my friend/the artist. After about 4 hours I become almost mentally numb to the pain. That being said, of everything that I have had done, the ankle is by far the most pain. I couldn't do 5-10 minutes without having to stop.
When getting my first big piece I asked my artist what hurts the most, she said: anything boney or anything that doesn't get sun. Boy was she right.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wow, this looks great!!! Even in the 2nd session it's really coming together nicely!!! Not to derail this at all, sorry if I am, but doesn't the female warrior remind anyone of Mulan from the Disney movie??? That was my first thought when I first saw pics of the beginning of the work.