What's new

9/11: Smoke a cigar with me in remembrance/appreciation

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
This September 11th I wanted to ask all the BOTL/SOTL's to smoke a cigar with me. Maybe, smoke a cigar that you haven't tried yet, that cigar you have been waiting for that special occasion to smoke, or just fire up your favorite stick.

Take a moment on this day to smoke a cigar for those who were lost in that horrible tragedy. Reflect on the resiliency and resolve of the American people, our ability to overcome fierce odds and adversity. Remember the spirit that's in each and every one of us that makes this country what it is. More importantly though, take a moment to look a little closer. While you are savoring that cigar, remember what's really important in life: The ones we love, our Family, our Friends.......our Brothers and Sisters. Life is fleeting and we need to appreciate every second we have with them. Our wives, husbands, sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers; They are, the finer things in life.

I'll be smoking my first Liga Privada T52. I'll post a picture tonight. Please feel free to post a pic of what you're smoking too.

Thank you to everyone for making this such a great community here at BOTL.

James :usaflag:

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Every year I smoked one of my best in memory and honoring 72 LEOs, 343 Firemen, and countless civilian and military heroes we lost that day. As well as in thanks for all the heroes from every walk of life who came together and pitched in to help that day and in the days that followed.

I will never, ever forget.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I bought a box of the limited release 10th anniversary that My Father put out, and smoke one of those on each anniversary. That box is one of my most prized possessions and a tradition I will stick with until it runs out in 2031.
Had I been involved in this wonderful hobby at the time of this release I would have bought this box as well. Being from NY (Bronx) this hit so close to home. I'll try to get a smoke in today . Never forget

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This is a very emotional day for me. For the past 4 years, I worked on rebuilding Tower 4. They closed the job every year I was there so when I was home I would always watch the coverage on TV. I've become attached to the surrounding area and really love everything that's going on around it. It's really come full circle since I started working down there. I just wish more NYers would go down there to see all the energy and all the work that has been done.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Yet another close to home hit here. As someone who has worked in the airline industry for almost 25 years, this is something that we, as an industry, are still feeling today. In addition, I lost several co-workers that day...

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I fly a flag in front of my house everyday because of this day, I will never forget. I've had a CC that was given to me by a friend that I've been sitting on, think I'll fire that guy up today.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This September 11th I wanted to ask all the BOTL/SOTL's to smoke a cigar with me. Maybe, smoke a cigar that you haven't tried yet, that cigar you have been waiting for that special occasion to smoke, or just fire up your favorite stick.

Take a moment on this day to smoke a cigar for those who were lost in that horrible tragedy. Reflect on the resiliency and resolve of the American people, our ability to overcome fierce odds and adversity. Remember the spirit that's in each and every one of us that makes this country what it is. More importantly though, take a moment to look a little closer. While you are savoring that cigar, remember what's really important in life: The ones we love, our Family, our Friends.......our Brothers and Sisters. Life is fleeting and we need to appreciate every second we have with them. Our wives, husbands, sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers; They are, the finer things in life.

I'll be smoking my first Liga Privada T52. I'll post a picture tonight. Please feel free to post a pic of what you're smoking too.

Well said brother... The wifey and I will be smoking our first Liga #9s tonight! In honor of our fallen...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Later this evening it's going to be a 2010 GOF Carlito, LP T-52 or a 2008 DPG Original!

As a nation we must NEVER FORGET! And being a New Yorker even more so, as the WORST hit city.

To all the fallen, Rest In Peace! My Sincere condolences to their loved ones. To ALL of the 1st Responders, volunteers and anyone who had a part in the reconstruction and healing, my utmost gratitude.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

Well said brother... The wifey and I will be smoking our first Liga #9s tonight! In honor of our fallen...
First no9s? Life's about to change:)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
As a Canadian brother I would like you all to know we stand with you on this day. We carrying you all on our hearts and never forget this very tragic day.

To all the families, friends, and anyone else who may have been affected my god bless you and know that we will always remember. Tonight I will burn an absolutely favourite of mine La Duana no. 7 and I will take a moment and say a little prayer for all. My god bless.
JM