What's new

9mm Luger Ammo

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Scarce as hen's teeth!!! I can't find any around here now unless it's at a gun show and expensive as all get out. The online vendors seem to all be out. Any ideas?

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Wal-Mart by my house just got a TON in. I would check yours. Trucks arrive every night, and if you go in the wee hours of the morning you're likely to find it. It seems as though everybody who goes there buys up all they have, so you gotta be there when it gets put out!

TYLER

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Same thing on .40 cal...can't hardlyt find it. $15 per 50 is about as cheap as I can get now.

My walmart can't keep anything in stock. They've even been wiped clean of .22 ammo...all of it! I can get shotgun, 17HMR, .243 and BBs. oh, and they have 1 box of 270.

There's supposed to be a special on 60 minutes tonight about the ammo shortages and the massive purchasing of black rifles. it should shed some insight for gun lovers.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Many theories on the gun boards as to why. The general feel is people are buying it up in preparation for any tax or banning that our President may do.

Luckily, I saw this coming quite a few months ago and have the following:
7.62 = 3,000 rounds
9mm = 1,500 rounds
.22 = 2,200 rounds

and an assortment of shotgun shells.

My suggestion would be to order it from Cabelas and wait it out (a couple of weeks backordered) since they do not charge your card until it ships. I have 600 rounds of 9mm UMC coming from them in the next week or so.

Hot_Sauce

&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
My friend met me for lunch yesterday and to go shooting after that. After we ate. He told me that he needed to get some ammo. I take him to my local gunshop and he asks for some .45acp's, .380's and some .357 magnums. They tell him that they are all sold out. Go to another gun store and there is a sign at the shop "out to lunch will be back in 45min from now." Go to another shop all sold out. They recomended another shop down the road and he was able to get some .357 and .45's. No .380's.

We spent over 3hrs looking for ammo and only 1 and a 1/2 hours at the range. Oh well we had a blast anyway:bangbang:

Glad there is a gun show this comming Saturday so I can get some ammo.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Georgia Arms (http://georgia-arms.com/). Yes, there's a bit of a backlog, so not good if you need them this month, but they've always shipped what I've ordered. They have factory stock and their own reloads. I can easily recommend the 'canned heat' reloads for the range. I have them in .40.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
yep, .308 is super tough to find. It sells out at my local gun shows in the first hour. .40 sells out by about noon of the first day.

I'm going to a shop that is advertising .40 cal at $14.99 per 50 if you buy 10 boxes. That's a no-brainer at this point...$150/500.

I prefer to buy when i can have the stuff in hand. I don't like having to wait on backlogs to filled. You never know, it may never get there for whatever f'ed up reasons the Obamanation may conjur up.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just checked with all of the Wal-Marts in central Michigan and none of them have any 9mm, .380, .38, .40 ammo. You don't happen to be going to your Wal-Mart soon do ya? :D

Wal-Mart by my house just got a TON in. I would check yours. Trucks arrive every night, and if you go in the wee hours of the morning you're likely to find it. It seems as though everybody who goes there buys up all they have, so you gotta be there when it gets put out!

TYLER

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Georgia Arms (http://georgia-arms.com/). Yes, there's a bit of a backlog, so not good if you need them this month, but they've always shipped what I've ordered. They have factory stock and their own reloads. I can easily recommend the 'canned heat' reloads for the range. I have them in .40.
The indoor range I started going to won't let you shoot reloads. I have no idea why or how they could even tell.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I just checked with all of the Wal-Marts in central Michigan and none of them have any 9mm, .380, .38, .40 ammo. You don't happen to be going to your Wal-Mart soon do ya? :D
Can I ship ammo to you legally? They have a ton of the Winchester FMJ target/practice (I think that's what it was).
Also, Cheaper Than Dirt has a bit of ammo, but I think it might be expensive (don't buy 9mm, so I am not really sure).

TYLER

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
. . .snip. . .Can I ship ammo to you legally?. . .snip. .

TYLER
Not any more, to the best of my recollection. A couple of years ago UPS and FedEx ground both got into bed with the feds and changed their rules to exclude us common folks. The new rules only allowed shipping from licensed dealers from a business location. I used to ship a lot until the rules were changed. I had all of the ORM-D stickers, etc., but they refused to let me ship anymore. I believe USPS also restricts it now.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Holy crap. Who'd have ever thought 9mm would become hard to find. It used to be so cheap and plentiful that it made reloading practically impractical. Glad I stocked up a couple years back.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
Threadjack for a moment, I am a pistol novice but have been around guns/hunting my entire life. I need to get some target ammo for a S&W 38 Special. What is a good price? Any brands to avoid?

Threadjack over.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks anyway Tyler, I hadn't thought about the mailing restrictions. I'll just keep watching here and hope it comes back.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Threadjack for a moment, I am a pistol novice but have been around guns/hunting my entire life. I need to get some target ammo for a S&W 38 Special. What is a good price? Any brands to avoid?

Threadjack over.
Blazer Brass is about the cheapest i've seen. I don't buy .38, but i have to imagine it should be about $9-$10 per box of 50. Blazer .40 cal is $12.97 at my local Walmart...when they have it. Most any gun shop carries Blazer nowadays. With all the demand for ammo, I'm expecting there are more new brands coming out.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
Blazer Brass is about the cheapest i've seen. I don't buy .38, but i have to imagine it should be about $9-$10 per box of 50. Blazer .40 cal is $12.97 at my local Walmart...when they have it. Most any gun shop carries Blazer nowadays. With all the demand for ammo, I'm expecting there are more new brands coming out.
Thanks bro, is this something that can be ordered online or am I better off to go to a physical store location?

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thanks bro, is this something that can be ordered online or am I better off to go to a physical store location?
Agree about the Blazer. You probably want to start haunting stores. All of the large online places are out; Outdoor Marksman, AIM Surplus, Widener's and Ammoman.com, to name a few.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Believe it or not, Bass Pro Shops has had some pretty good prices. Last time i was in they had 500 rds Remington .40 cal for $150 + tax. The guy said it was the every day price

That's the cheapest I've seen anywhere for respectable brand name.