What's new

9mm Luger Ammo

Tom

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sick of not being able to find any practice .22 ammo. Last time I was at Perry I picked up 4 cases of CMP's white box Aquilla Standard Velocity to use in matches. When I asked the clerk at the local Walmart this afternoon, they said they are always sold out anymore, but would be getting a shipment in at 7:00 this evening.

They're quoting arrival time of the delivery trucks now???

Everything else I load myself. Even cast most of my pistol bullets from range pickup and wheel weights. Still have to buy jacketed hardball and rifle bullets. Bullets are expensive, but not hard to find. The powder and primers are both expensive and hard to find. The trick is to just not let yourself run low on ammo or components. Things don't look to get less expensive any time soon.

If you are going to be shooting very much at all, it is worth the time to start loading ammo yourself. At the very least, start saving your brass now. Pick up good range brass left by others. The reloading equipment is really no cost at all since you will almost always be able to sell it down the road for more than you paid for it on Ebay or second hand now. The presses and carbide dies do not wear out. A box of .45s cost me around $1.57/50 to make and are more accurate than anything you can buy at a store. 9mm used to cost me less than $2/50 rounds, but that was when I was buying jacketed bullets and when other components were cheaper. .223 are costing me $4/20 rounds since I am buying the bullets, but they will still hold the X ring at 600 yards (just wish I could).

I just hope that cigars never increase in price as fast ammo cost has. Don't want to think about how nasty my own rolled cigars might taste.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I only have a few hundred rounds right now so I'm not going to go shooting for a while. I would like to have a thousand rounds on hand all the time if not more. The only indoor range fairly close to me has a sign that states you can't shoot reloads and you can't pick up brass.

Last edited:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I am sick of not being able to find any practice .22 ammo. Last time I was at Perry I picked up 4 cases of CMP's white box Aquilla Standard Velocity to use in matches. When I asked the clerk at the local Walmart this afternoon, they said they are always sold out anymore, but would be getting a shipment in at 7:00 this evening.

They're quoting arrival time of the delivery trucks now???

Everything else I load myself. Even cast most of my pistol bullets from range pickup and wheel weights. Still have to buy jacketed hardball and rifle bullets. Bullets are expensive, but not hard to find. The powder and primers are both expensive and hard to find. The trick is to just not let yourself run low on ammo or components. Things don't look to get less expensive any time soon.

If you are going to be shooting very much at all, it is worth the time to start loading ammo yourself. At the very least, start saving your brass now. Pick up good range brass left by others. The reloading equipment is really no cost at all since you will almost always be able to sell it down the road for more than you paid for it on Ebay or second hand now. The presses and carbide dies do not wear out. A box of .45s cost me around $1.57/50 to make and are more accurate than anything you can buy at a store. 9mm used to cost me less than $2/50 rounds, but that was when I was buying jacketed bullets and when other components were cheaper. .223 are costing me $4/20 rounds since I am buying the bullets, but they will still hold the X ring at 600 yards (just wish I could).

I just hope that cigars never increase in price as fast ammo cost has. Don't want to think about how nasty my own rolled cigars might taste.

wanna sell any of that reload????

Tom

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanna sell any of that reload????

Wish I could, but think the ATF boys and girls might have something to say about that. Ask someone local around you if they would be willing to trade some loaded ammo for components like powder or primers. It is like .45s, you can never have too much,:yes: and components are in short supply too.

Better yet, start reloading and save for better cigars! To tell the truth, casting and reloading doesn't really save me money since I end up shooting more. Shot a pistol match in Austin today and it is clear that I haven't been practicing enough.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Wal-Mart just got in a little bit of ammo! Picked up 150rds. 9mm, 100rds. .40S&W, and 50rds. .45.
I don't even have a .40 cal gun yet! But I have my eye on the Beretta PX4 Storm.
You're only allowed to buy 6 boxes a day, too. I think I'll have to go tomorrow and load up on .22, cause they had a bunch of 500rd. boxes of it there.
This is one of the first times I've seen multiple boxes of handgun ammo in stock in a long time!

TYLER

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I checked the two near me last night and they're both still out. One of these days, we're still not quite at the point where I'm worried.

:cursing:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
There hasn't been anything other than .17 HMR and shotgun at my walmart for about 3 months now.

I'm pretty stocked up though. the wife would get very mad if i bought any more ammo.

although, i'm goin to the cabin next weekend and am likely to go through a bit of .223 and .40. I've only shot my ar15 once...that is totally unacceptable!!!