What's new

A friendly challenge....

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
As of late we have strayed away from the reviews imo. After all this site is about the leaf, and the leaf does not orbit one single band or orgin. Lets see all brothers join in and make this a better community for all, because after all this is Brothers of The Leaf. We need to keep our hearts and minds open to new things at all times. So dont be afraid newbies and FOGs alike. I think a bipartisan review of any cigar can do nothing but improve our little slice of heaven.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
To add, some brothers have been knocking it out. This is by no means a chastation. I want to participate and see others do so too. I am all about cigars and I think a review brings us together as a whole. Maybe that is a little far fetched, but it is just an opinion.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Like two reviews of the same stick side by side?

Maybe we could have a stick of the week, or stick of the month, and have everyone that wants to review it do so.

Compare notes, try new things, share our experiences, become more of a family.

I like it.

-Dave

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Why not, if you have a stick thats being reviewed smoke it and chime in respectively. I think that would bring us all together and help us enjoy the cigar even more.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I look forward to it brother. Though a lot of the sticks people review on here I've never heard of (I'm still feeling my way around), I will gladly smoke a stick I see being reviewed and post it up!

Great Idea brother

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I like the stick of the month idea! Pick one out and start it up. If I have it or can get it, I'll review it.

I just started a "Review Request" thread, check it out: [ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?p=673246#post673246"]NC Review Requests[/ame]

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Sounds like a hoot.....count me in. I'm new here, but not to cigars, and it sounds like we could all really benefit and have some fun doing it.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I think one of the coolest things about this place is the willingness to share.

Why don't we start a Bomb-Review thread. For those who sign up, volunteers would bomb them with two or three sticks to be reviewed within a week. There's already a ton of fun bombing going on, why not make an incentive to pay it forward instantly with reviews?

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
thats a great idea!! and so is the stick of the month club idea...what if someone picks the SOTM and then post a thread announcing what cigar it would be...then, people who dont have it could say so on the thread and then volunteers who have alot of them could maybe send the person one. Then once you have smoked it, we could start a new thread OR post the reviews on the existing thread...i love this idea...

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Actually, I was just thinking about this....

I think it would be cool if I (and another BOTL) picked a person who has been here not too long, but that is not an oldtimer, and bomb him/her with a REALLY great stick (i.e. something that they could prob never get otherwise), unbanded so that he has to review it blind...

Hmmm.....

~brooks

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Woohoo epiphany! Good stuff brothers, I'm quite excited about this. I'm going to assume vitola matters.

Ok lets start off with something that's accessible for SOTM (Stick Of The Month) so that we can have a lot of participation and get people interested. Also, I have VERY limited access to rare/hard to find cigars!

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I will get in on a big group review. Love to hear how each person picks up different flavors from the same cigar. Great ideas in here guys

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I suck at distinguishing one flavor from another but I do know for the most part that my likes are pretty consistent with others. I could always do a thumbs up or down with some kind of explanation as to the rating.

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
alright, so now the idea we need to accomplish is picking the first stick for SOTM :)

any ideas? what do you guys think of it being some kind of Oliva?

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I think one of the coolest things about this place is the willingness to share.

Why don't we start a Bomb-Review thread. For those who sign up, volunteers would bomb them with two or three sticks to be reviewed within a week. There's already a ton of fun bombing going on, why not make an incentive to pay it forward instantly with reviews?

This could be a really good idea. If you want you could pick s few brothers and send out to them and post reviews. Maybe it will snow ball from there.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I agree - reviews are what drew me here in the first place. I have not been doing any in a while, but that's mostly because of the weather.

I've noticed that sometimes more is revealed when smoking two sticks side by side. I notice this because my wife will often join me & we'll trade off sticks for a few.
SCDLH vs VR
RASS vs Boli robusto
RyJ #2 vs Parti P2
Or even similar wrappers/ origins...

I've thought about this recently with pipe blends as well. (Comparing English blends, VaPers, etc...)