What's new

A friendly challenge....

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Say Dave? How about a dual college student review? Ye do yer "from the bench" and I do me "as it burns".

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If this happens I'll get it on it. It'd be great to pool together a bunch of different opinions/impressions on the same stick––it facilitates discussion here but it's also incredibly convenient . . . how many of us read multiple reviews of the same stick on different websites to compare and contrast our own impressions or decide what sticks to try? This way we can have a single thread on a single stick that we can all use for reference.

Brooks' idea of a blind review bomb's cool, too––maybe we can combine that with Superman's idea and also do a not-so-hard-to-find blind review as well (just to make it easier to get the same stick out to as many reviewers as possible).

Great ideas guys. . . .

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Say Dave? How about a dual college student review? Ye do yer "from the bench" and I do me "as it burns".
Sounds fine with me! And people can also join in as they want, as this is gonna be open to everyone.

Now as for the cigar, how about something pretty available, like Oliva (some other brothers suggested this already) or an Arturo Fuente?

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
OK lets get this group review ball rolling!!! Since there have been a few votes for Oliva I will say Oliva V lancero. I have a few I could ship out if a BOTL does not have one in the humi or readily available.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ooo Oliva V is my favorite stick as of now, but I've never had the lancero. This should get interesting! I'll check my local to see if they have it. If not, I may need one, but I feel bad making you ship singles..

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Ooo Oliva V is my favorite stick as of now, but I've never had the lancero. This should get interesting! I'll check my local to see if they have it. If not, I may need one, but I feel bad making you ship singles..
:nono: You don't ship singles!!!! If you need one pm me your addy.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Oliva V Lancero's fine with me. So let's say this: whoever wants to review can review, but the first person to do a write-up starts the thread and, if possible, stickies it, and the subsequent reviewers post their impressions in that thread as well. We can keep these threads going for as long as people post their reviews, whether it be weeks or months or even years from now, so that the thread may become a regular feature of the Cigar Reviews Forum and will be easily accessible for anyone's reference.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Ok I am thinking that we start a "Cigar of the Month Review" thread where everyone can post their reviews. Brothers that do not have the stick readily available could post in the thread, and possibly be gifted one to review for the thread.

Also post another thread to start voting for the next months cigar. Tally up the votes at the end of the month, rinse, and repeat.

Let me know what you guys think and we will get this going!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok I am thinking that we start a "Cigar of the Month Review" thread where everyone can post their reviews. Brothers that do not have the stick readily available could post in the thread, and possibly be gifted one to review for the thread.

Also post another thread to start voting for the next months cigar. Tally up the votes at the end of the month, rinse, and repeat.

Let me know what you guys think and we will get this going!
Sounds good to me....

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Sounds good to me..I think I have a couple laying around. if anyone needs one. PM me,, a review is a must though

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Sounds great and you guys know i'm down for the count... what needs to be done to participate? are we smoking the serie v lancero?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Sounds great and you guys know i'm down for the count... what needs to be done to participate? are we smoking the serie v lancero?
Yup, smoke the stick by the end of the month, and put up a review by then. For this month's stick, we'll only have a couple weeks to review it, but after this we should start it up the first of the month to keep things simple.

-Dave

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
i agree! first to smoke and write their review post a new thread entitled something like "Stick of the Month: Oliva Serie V Lancero" or something...then everyone can read/comment/post their reviews there as well.