What's new

A friendly challenge....

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
As of late we have strayed away from the reviews imo. After all this site is about the leaf, and the leaf does not orbit one single band or orgin. Lets see all brothers join in and make this a better community for all, because after all this is Brothers of The Leaf. We need to keep our hearts and minds open to new things at all times. So dont be afraid newbies and FOGs alike. I think a bipartisan review of any cigar can do nothing but improve our little slice of heaven.
I understand what you are saying and speaking for myself I am not very good at picking out the various flavors and so forth. There are brothers on this board that are very good at reviewing cigars and I know if I were to attempt to review a cigar I would feel like an idiot.

In the past I've read several reviews of a cigar, lit up a cigar that was reviewed and felt like an idiot as I was not able to discern the flavors that were being described. I even used to feel self conscious at a cigar shop or bar when I first started smoking cigars thinking I was doing something wrong.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I understand what you are saying and speaking for myself I am not very good at picking out the various flavors and so forth. There are brothers on this board that are very good at reviewing cigars and I know if I were to attempt to review a cigar I would feel like an idiot.

In the past I've read several reviews of a cigar, lit up a cigar that was reviewed and felt like an idiot as I was not able to discern the flavors that were being described. I even used to feel self conscious at a cigar shop or bar when I first started smoking cigars thinking I was doing something wrong.
Man don't worry about that. I'm not a super taster either. I can usually tell base flavors, but when someone starts mentioning specific nuts, wood, and spices, I get lost. Just find your own style. You'll do fine. No one will make fun of you.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Okay, I'll fall on my sword and volunteer to be a "newbie reviewer"......;-) It'll be tough, but I think can willingly make the sacrifice! I'll have to wait until I get back from the sandbox, but hey.....it's only a few weeks. Alot of way cool ideas in this thread!

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Okay, I'll fall on my sword and volunteer to be a "newbie reviewer"......;-) It'll be tough, but I think can willingly make the sacrifice! I'll have to wait until I get back from the sandbox, but hey.....it's only a few weeks. Alot of way cool ideas in this thread!
Thats the spirit, we all can add enjoyment to the leaf!