What's new

A.J. Fernandez Cigars

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
AJ and Jesus Fuego are the next 2 Pepin's of the industry. The only difference between the two and Pepin is the name recognition Pepin carries. I think many here still recognize this even though they may not always get "the street cred" on the board. Jesus studied at the famous Havana Institute (marine biology then Tobacco). He did his Thesis on Post curing and Fermentation of Tobacco. AJ studied under Don Alejandro Robaina not much more to say there lol.

Rating - 100%
209   0   0
27006 309th Ave SE, Ravensdale, WA, 98054
I like most of his offerings, Especially the MOW puro authentico. Had one that I'd had down for a year and it was great. Got lured away from the Diesels and other MOWs by tats, I'll have to go back and try them again. I've got a couple boxes I've had down for a year or so, they might be terrific now.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Returning to MoW after a while away. Favs are Ruination belicoso and Puro Authentico.
Tonight's cigar is a MoW Ruination Beli thanks to this thread. It's been resting about 6mo and I'm enjoying every puff more than when they were fresh. Strength is down just a little...dare I say T52-ish in terms of pepper and draw, but certainly not complexity. MoW smokes are supposed to be angry and strong! Yum!

New plan: buy a box of Ruination Belis and sit on them for a year like I am with the EO 601 blues

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the MoW armada is a great smoke. $20 is steep but they can be found cheaper in samplers.

there are a few blends that i dont like by him but by and large i like his blending style. the new Pueblo Dominicano is quite good. It tastes nothing like the original two but it is still a good smoke.

stephen_hannibal

stephen_hannibal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AJ makes some of my favorite and some of my most hated cigars.
I love the San Lotano Oval and Habano, the MoW puro authentico, Ave Maria... I'm not fond of the San Lotano Connie, the LHC, or the diesel unlimited.

Sent using smoke signals.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
It's been a long time since I had a LHC, but I didn't think much of it then. I might have to revisit them, because I had an Oscuro Fuerte recently and really liked it (that sucker was strong as heck on the front end, and the back was just deliciously chocolaty.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
The San Lotano Maduro and Oval fly off my selves. We did an event with Cigar City Brewery and San Lotano, and the response we got was fantastic. Been selling nonstop since that night. (1st night we had it)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yea, I just keep hearing about the Oval everywhere. I thought I'd done really well with trying the 2011 releases, had about 75% of the ones I wanted to try so far. AJ's new blends have in the remainder, including the SL Oval. But I just got one in a sampler from Ccom, so I'm gonna get on that when it's settled down a bit.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just had an oval the other night that was handed to me @ a herf. It was really, really good. I will be buying some.

Blame all typos on fat fingers and a little tiny phone keyboard

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm on board with most of his stuff... Everything isn't gold, but, who's stuff is? Like a few have said already, the Oval, as well as the Emilio AF1 & AF2 are my personal faves. :thumbsup:

I used to enjoy the Deisel's, but I've had no luck since they blew up. Just not the same... I think they're rushed out to meet demand.