What's new

A little birdie told me...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I find it interesting when a company acquires another company the changes that ensue where the other company believes may be a good decision but generally end up hurting the company. Like you guys don't already know that but my point is I still have many cigars to try and I would hate for the Padron line to be different now from the one I try in the future.

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
These are two of my favorite companies, it will be interesting to see how things turn out. I just don't see Padron selling though, but I guess if it was a high enough price...who knows?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Padron will sell for the right price. Everything they do could still stand independent from Davidoff. It just gives both companies more leverage in the market. Makes sense to me.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'm shocked Zen is the first one to nail it, come on guys it's just cigars, lol! Personally combining 2 great companies, I for one would be interested in what they could create as a team.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Everyone has their price... I'm sure Pete does, too. But, the thread is what I heard about Padron and Davidoff. It seems the future of this business is the large buying up the small. Padron is not that large of a company and if they sell that doesn't mean the family would no longer be active in the cigars and the way they are made.
scandinavia tobacco who is much smaller company is trying to take over Swedish Match, owner of General Cigar and Villazon and Co. something like 51 to 49%

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I would love this. I doubt it's true but if I'm wrong, I will give away 100 cigars to each adult smoker that shows up at my office the day after the press release is posted on Cigar Aficionado.
That's an awful lot of confidence!

Interesting potential deal nonetheless.