What's new

A little story my cc adventures

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My interest was started with a CC(or what I thought was one). I was given a cigar to try after expressing interest in a cigar that a guy was smoking(who is now a good friend) It was a cohiba that was on retrospect bunk. But that being said it was very interesting how good it tasted compared to the nasty tobacco that cigarettes(I was a cig smoker at the time) had. It started a huge interest that had me mostly focusing on the big pepper bombs from nicargua and I really liked those for the first 6 months or so of my adventure with cigars. Then I tried a Pardigas short 07 that pretty much floored me. I was amazed that it had layers of complexity of flavor without the being a full on pepper bomb. Then slowly my palate has changed to where I don't really like most nc's anymore. I dream of CC's all day when I am at work. My experence is very limited compared to I alot of you guys I am sure. But recently I have had a 05 monte edmundo, and a 09 PSP 2 that blew my mind. Thank you for reading my little rant. Have many of you guys had a similar progression when it comes to nc to cc's? I really did not like many of the cc's that I tried before that 07 pardigas short. Now I find that the forgive me for my newbie terms but the sweet tobacco flavor and finish that I get with a nice cc is all I can think about when dreaming about cigars. Well that and some tat's and aged opus's.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Your not alone... wishing I did not stock up on Nicas! Slowly building up a cc stash while working through my nc cigars. I still do enjoy some nc's. Tats & Illusion mainly.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love CC's and am also working on building up my collection but there will always be a place in my humidor for NC's. There are many NC's that I still really enjoy or if I want something real strong and powerful, I have not found a CC yet that compares to some of the stronger NC's. I also prefer the NC's when I just want to smoke without thinking about it (yard gars).

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
No way would I ever give up my NCs. I'm a half and half guy. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. I have purchased more CCs simply because my sources have become better. That and you can always get your money back with CCs if it ends up not being your cup of tea. I have yet to have a CC blow my mind. Yet I can name 10+ NCs that have.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Tatuaje plays a huge roll in me still being a spilt smoker. I don't know that I've had any Tat that I didn't like.
I just got back from a cruise where I smoked some CCs that I'd been holding onto for a while: a few PSD4s, HDM Epicure 2, RyJ short Churchill and a ton of Monte 4s. I was nearly convinced I'd be making a switch to mostly CCs... Then one night I was short on time and smoked the trusty old PCR and remembered what I had briefly forgot: there is no perfect cigar for all occasions and life sure would suck without variety.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
from one newbieish guy to a noob....I think some great ones I have loved so far are psd4's with a few years on them, and pardigas shorts, Boli pc's, Monte 4's, RASS's, those are some of my current favorites. Soon to expand once I get to try more stuff! It is so much fun exploring cc's It is like starting over again with cigars kinda. well for my silly self it is at least. Oh I forgot to mention Pardigas serie p number 2. I love that stick.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been trying to decide whether or not to order some CC, but I am affraid of getting screwed or busted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
While I do have a place in my heart for cc I do like my nc cigars better. If I could could get cc cigars at a decent price already aged then I would probably smoke more. I just think they need to much time in my humidor. That is my biggest gripe, otherwise they are pretty darn good. I could never abandon nc though. There are just to many great cigars from everywhere.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I'm about 70/30 in favor of CC's currently. Many CC's just suit my tastes better. I don't think I'll ever completely give up NC's though. Nothing better than a good "Tat/Illusione/Liga/Insert good NC here" after a big meal in my book. I don't always want power & I don't always want finesse, but I haven't bought a full box of NC's in a while if that's any indication of where my ratio is heading... :cbig:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
a little update....Now I can't even smoke my tat's anymore....I am a full darkside convert
Never say never...while I prefer Cuban cigars, there is a time and place for me for a good NC favorite, or to give a try to a new one that my friends are discussing.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Fair enough.. I honestly can't remember any nc in the last 2 months I have loved. I think my palate currently is favoring cc's. I won't say never though. I dont' think I would ever turn down a aged opus.

a little update....Now I can't even smoke my tat's anymore....I am a full darkside convert
Never say never...while I prefer Cuban cigars, there is a time and place for me for a good NC favorite, or to give a try to a new one that my friends are discussing.