What's new

A Sad Old Man

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
For me this is a very sad day. Just found out that my little Jack Russell terrier has lymphatic cancer and is won't be with me long. I have him on steroids to try to slow it down but it doesn't appear to be working. I know he's a dog but the pain I am feeling right now is very real. I have buried a wife of 25 years after a very long illness and with that came tremendous heartbreak and sadness. It know it doesn't make sense to many here but I am feeling that same sadness today. My wife told me some time ago that love is love. You either love or you don't. She told me you love me, you love your daughter, you love your Mom and you love your dogs. Losing something you love involves the same pain be it spouse, child, parent or a pet you love. She explained to me that though the consequences of losing a human is so much more than with a pet the pain of loss of something you love is nearly the same. I don't know how right she is but I know that I am pretty down today and that doesn't happen often.

I am trying to accept this and enjoy what little time Barnie and I have together. I apologize for the rambling post and for the fact that it is so dark and does no one any good other than it's therapeutic for me in that I am forced to deal with the fact that I am going to lose my buddy. What a dog he has been! I appreciate your indulgence here.
IMG_9165.jpg

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
As a fellow Jack Russell lover, I'm sorry you have to go through this. My childhood dog, Megan, died of bladder cancer after 12 happy years on this Earth. Now my family has two Jacks, Ricky and Lucy. They're full members of the family. We can't imagine living without them.

Dogs do not live as long as people. They have a short, bright life because they know only how to love and please us.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Dave, I know the pain of losing an animal they are just as much a part of us as the ppl we hold dearly,
If it is any consolation at all, he will be joining my best friend Jay (its been nearly a year) at the big fire hydrant in the sky.
Know that they love you unconditionally and we to them.
You need anything Dave feel free to PM me I am happy to listen and be a distraction.
Jonathan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sorry to hear the bad news. We lost a good furry buddy about 3 years ago due to a tumor on his heart. Hard day that we'll never forget.
But for me, it helps to take solace in the fact that they get the absolute best life because of you.

Thoughts are with you brother.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Very sad news Dave, my thoughts are with you. I've not had to deal with much loss in my life yet but when my family lost our first dog it was truly the saddest I've been. I think it's because we know that all they have is love for us.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I know your pain. Don't apologize for it or make excuses for it. We love our dogs. They become a huge part of our lives and their loss hurts. Badly.

Someone sent me this video recently that is just beautiful. I should warn you, if you're a pet lover, you're probably going to cry (I did).

BoneYard

Spent loot on Scotch,Women&Cigars -rest I wasted.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is so sad. I really feel for you brother, it sounds like your wife was a very wise person. Love is love, and when it gets tested by illness and passing, its one of the most difficult things we can experience as human beings. Show those around you and tell them that you love them. For me, it's also been helpful to be remember in hard times, that death is a part of life. Enjoy your time together and don't think too much about the inevitable we all face. Carpe Diem my brother, prayers sent and be well.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Enjoy all the time you have with him. Cherish every moment. You gave him one hell of a life I'm sure. Look back on all the good times you had together. It's never easy to say goodbye whether a 4 legged friend or a person. I always look at it as it's never "goodbyes" always a "see you later."

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sorry Dave! Dogs are special animals. Ours was even the ring bearer in our wedding. I hope you get to enjoy these last times with your four legged pal.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sorry to hear this Dave. Take care in the comfort that he knows you gave each other great lives. As I sit here with both my boys by my side I can't imagine the pain I'm going to feel when faced with the same thing. They are truley special little creatures that man was given. Your wife is correct, love is love.

-Mike

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Sorry to hear this sad news Dave, animals are a big part of our family , make the best of the time u have with him, remember the great joy that he has given u, keep him happy , u will see him on the other side .......best of luck in these trying time Dave

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So sorry brother. We lost our dog in February, so I can sympathize with what you must be going through. They are indeed family. Cherish what time you have left together and know you have him a good life.