What's new

a very sad farewell

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Well, we all have scares in life. You must do what is Goof for you, your health and family. But, there is more to brotherhood than smoking a cigar. It's the friendships you make that is the brotherhood, no need to leave the board.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'd like to reiterate what has already been said. I'm praying...

1)...that the scare is just that, and never turns serious. Good for you to acknowledge the need to preserve yourself for your family

2)...you don't need to have a cigar in your mouth to remain a brother. They helped us find each other, but we are not forced to forget each other when the cigars are done.

3)...that, given these first two prayers, you will still say "hi" from time to time as you are comfortable.

Take care, brother.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Once a brother, always a brother! :) Just remember, like my good friend @redneck_toy said last night..."That website is about so much more than cigars!" (y)
Agreed. We're much more than just herfers and bus drivers around here.

Ya gotta take care of yourself and your family first, but as others have said before, you don't have to smoke to be a member of the brotherhood.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
And this is precisely why this is the greatest community on earth. Thank you all so much for the kind words, prayers and positivity. At the moment I have a clean bill of health and plan to keep it that way. As Joel so graciously noted in a PM this is not a sad thing but really a great step towards the future. Thank you for that, I could not have said it any better.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Health comes with a price and sometimes we have to make choices based on what is best for us. I've come to learn that life after 60 plus years is what we make it and hard choices are just a part of life. Temptations tend to affect us differently and while choosing not to participate in this hobby I know that coming here can be a temptation when cigars are so much a part of our lives....as others have said come back to visit us and let us know how you are doing...just because you won't be having cigars doesn't mean you have to go completely off the grid.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Wish the best of luck to you brother and that you remain healthy, you already know that this place will always be here for you and we will always have open arms to greet you.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry to hear about your scare. Hope you still still stick around. I wish you good health brother, I will say a prayer for you.