What's new

A word about Small Batch

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
People often complain about bad customer service, but rarely praise good customer service. So I wanted to say a quick word about our newest sponsor, Small Batch Cigar. @MrSmallBatch has been my primary vendor for about a year now, but I'm probably one of their smallest customers. I haven't bought much at all over the past year, but when I do I try to use them.

I was able to order one of their Warped Flor de Valle mixed 4-pack with the recent coupon code. They shipped immediately, and I got the order via USPS Priority shipping in three days - ordered Monday, received Thursday! It was well padded and wrapped, and included a small Boveda. All for a $27 order.

They accidentally sent four of the Gran Valle size, instead of two Gran Valle and two Cristales. I shot a quick reply to the order confirmation email, and got a reply less than 20 minutes later (and this was in the evening) telling me to keep the sticks and that the correct ones would be shipped next day.

Kudos to Andrew and company for great selection, best pricing, and some of the best customer service I've ever experienced, not just in this case, but over the past year or so. And to do all that for one of their smallest customers, is pretty amazing.

Cheers,
-Derek

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I feel the same way, I have dealt with them LESS than you have as I usually shop from my B&M. I haven't had a mess up like yours, but when I do order from them, it is quickly at my house... I agree... GREAT service!!!!

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Yeah. The pricing, shipping time and packaging is out of this world. Come on. Free shipping. Codes on top of the best pricing and has his ear to the ground on all the new releases that cigar forum members are looking for. It's really a no brainer to shop there. My only gripe is that everybody is shopping there now... :) The best not so secret, secret place to buy your cigars.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My only gripe is that everybody is shopping there now... :) The best not so secret, secret place to buy your cigars.
+1 I have used Small Batch many times. I often thought "Why isn't EVERYONE shopping here?" Now it seems more and more people are.

Many thanks to Small Batch Cigar from me too!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I ordered from them for the first time a couple of months ago and they went above and beyond to help me out. Good to see them here.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
It's nice to see a business do things the right way and take care of customers. I've heard lots of good things about small batch but I've never shopped there, as I try to do my business with site sponsors to support the businesses who keep the lights on at BOTL. Now that they are a site sponsor I will most definitely be putting a purchase together sometime in the near future.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I would also like to echo what Derek stated about Small Batch. I've always had great and fast service from them. I've never had an issue for them to fix, but I trust that they would fix it in my best interest if needed. Small Batch is a great retailer that I will continue to support!

MrSmallBatch

Retailer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
People often complain about bad customer service, but rarely praise good customer service. So I wanted to say a quick word about our newest sponsor, Small Batch Cigar. @MrSmallBatch has been my primary vendor for about a year now, but I'm probably one of their smallest customers. I haven't bought much at all over the past year, but when I do I try to use them.

I was able to order one of their Warped Flor de Valle mixed 4-pack with the recent coupon code. They shipped immediately, and I got the order via USPS Priority shipping in three days - ordered Monday, received Thursday! It was well padded and wrapped, and included a small Boveda. All for a $27 order.

They accidentally sent four of the Gran Valle size, instead of two Gran Valle and two Cristales. I shot a quick reply to the order confirmation email, and got a reply less than 20 minutes later (and this was in the evening) telling me to keep the sticks and that the correct ones would be shipped next day.

Kudos to Andrew and company for great selection, best pricing, and some of the best customer service I've ever experienced, not just in this case, but over the past year or so. And to do all that for one of their smallest customers, is pretty amazing.

Cheers,
-Derek
Derek thanks for posting this up. We do try our best to get everything 100% but we had a big squeeze this week and were a little short staffed Monday/Tuesday. Just two of us packing, printing, and shipping made it a little crazy! It's really awesome to hear all this great feedback from you guys, I am always looking for feedback and want everyones experience to be nothing but perfect. Reason I started the site was the lack of B&M feel for all those folks who don't have something local or maybe they do but its not a great experience so they shop online. I found it so surprising that you had to pay for basic shipping on something so delicate as cigars and if they ever offered it also pay for a boveda pack for your cigars journey! Really thank you for taking the time to share your experience it means allot to see all of this!

Andrew

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
Everything Derek said is true. Search for Ratzilla to hear my story, but long story very short, Small Batch was supposed to send me a Ratzilla, didn't, and then answered my email in about 6 minutes and sent me the Ratzilla. I should say Andrew (above) answered it.

The only reason I order from anywhere else is because it's something that Small Batch doesn't carry. Without question the BEST place to buy cigars, period.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
HOWEVER! One tiny little complaint. It would be MOST AWESOME if Small Batch would put the size and an image of the cigar on the brand page, that would be most helpful. Especially for us super gringos that can't tell one Spanish word apart from another.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I placed my first order with Small Batch about 2 months ago and was very happy with everything. Since then I have placed 2 more orders and both went exactly like the first. I received my 3rd order today, 10 ct box of Warped La Colmena 36. They look delicious. Highly recommend SB.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I saw something on their site and emailed a question late in the day. I didn't expect an answer for a couple days and I think I got a reply in less than a couple hours. Haven't bought yet but I will be buying from them when they have what I need.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Just placed my first order with SB and somehow missed putting in my discount code and sent an email. Got a email from Andrew in about 5 minutes and he credited me for my screw up! Received the order in 3 days perfectly packaged with a extra stick included. Very impressed! Will be doing more business with them.