What's new

AB Prensado

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Smoking an AB Prensado today and wondering how CA makes their determinations of what constitutes a #1 cigar of the year. Soapy, notes of popcorn and just plain boring. Disappointed.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any claim of "#1" is highly suspect particularly in the subjective realm of cigars, so I never go in to such a thing expecting the best. I did, however expect better than what I smoked especially given the current landscape of offerings.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The Prensado is the worst that AB makes in my eyes. I've had better ABs from Thompsons.

CA has an "old school" taste in cigars a new "edgy" cigar would blow thier socks off. Give them a Cromagnon EMH and watch them pass out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed it plenty on the drive up to austin last night. However, for the price, I expected more, then considering CAs ranking I was left wondering what the hell CA guys are smoking....

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This really seems to be a love it hate it cigar I guess. I do like Alec Bradley Cigars and both Alan Rubin and George Sosa are good guys. If anyone is interested in a possible box split let me know, I ordered a box of the Robusto's.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Guess I'm the odd man out, I actually enjoy the Prensado. Granted I don't think it's the #1 cigar, not even top 25 IMO, but still a solid smoke for the $3 a piece I picked them up for on Cbid a couple of months ago.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Guess I'm the odd man out, I actually enjoy the Prensado. Granted I don't think it's the #1 cigar, not even top 25 IMO, but still a solid smoke for the $3 a piece I picked them up for on Cbid a couple of months ago.
I liked the one I smoked a week or so ago. Like you, I wouldn't say it's #1 material, but still a good smoke.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just had the Churchill tonight and was totally underwhelmed as well. Just tasted like straight up cigarette tobacco. No flavors, nothing. Was hard as hell to keep lit as the wrapper wanted to go out and the filler kept going. As crappy as the AB Tempus.

The Black Market was much better.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
The prensado is my favorite of the AB line, but not my #1 cigar. I don't think I could chose 1 favorite.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
IMO the Prensado suffers from CA #1 syndrome. It's a really good cigar, nowhere near number one of the year in my opinion but still a really good cigar. Just seems like a lot of people subconsciously diss it because of their distaste for CA's selection process. Seen the same thing a few years back with the Casa Magna Colorado.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I like the SCR robosto a lot more than the Prensado and go figure AB is not making the SCR anymore.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to call this the #1 cigar in the world most don't even think it's the #1 cigar in the AB portfolio.

And it's funny as hell to see how the price on this thing has skyrocketed at the B&M's since that rating came out. All of the sudden it's a $12 stick...