What's new

AB Prensado

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
IMO the Prensado suffers from CA #1 syndrome. It's a really good cigar, nowhere near number one of the year in my opinion but still a really good cigar. Just seems like a lot of people subconsciously diss it because of their distaste for CA's selection process. Seen the same thing a few years back with the Casa Magna Colorado.
But that didn't happen when Behike, Padron or Opus was #1 the last 6 out of 8 years though.....

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I thought the prensado was a good smoke but did not think it was the number one cigar. I do not always agree with CA tho as I am sure is the norm.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
But that didn't happen when Behike, Padron or Opus was #1 the last 6 out of 8 years though.....
Now your talking about companies with established reputations and large loyal fan bases. Fuente could wrap banana peels in tobacco, slap an Opus band on it and I guarantee people that haven't even smoked it will praise it because of the rep.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Now your talking about companies with established reputations and large loyal fan bases. Fuente could wrap banana peels in tobacco, slap an Opus band on it and I guarantee people that haven't even smoked it will praise it because of the rep.
Just commenting on your CA #1 syndrome, which 6 out of 8 years people didn't have a problem with. And opus was only 1 of those 6 years.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I am sure some of it is CA syndrome but still to this day I prefer a casa magna over a prensado. I still enjoying reading or at least flipping through CA every month but I know that I will not always agree as with any rating system.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
i fired mines up the early last week. my first ab anything btw, the prensado robusto was
puttin out a solid really good tobac flavor, esp. on the first half.

beautiful $6 light/medium/med smoke.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Just commenting on your CA #1 syndrome, which 6 out of 8 years people didn't have a problem with. And opus was only 1 of those 6 years.
I still think the Epernay should have been numero uno, it's light years better than the Prensado. I'm actually a little miffed that CA chose the Prensado, prior to that I was able to find them at a price that made them worth buying. A fiver of the Corona Gorda at CI comes in at the same $41 that a fiver of Le Monde at New Havana costs. Now there's a no brainer.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I prefer the Gran Toro. I had one last week and it was 3 hour cigar. the draw is a little tight but ok. they are nice but are young. two years of lay down time and they will be real nice.. Illusione is the best coming out of that factory. Dions cigars are refined and elegant. His stuff is the closest thing to Cuban nuance even though they taste different. To me Dion makes the best cigars outside of Cuba period.It is all about balance. Illusione flows with the Tao

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I prefer the Gran Toro. I had one last week and it was 3 hour cigar. the draw is a little tight but ok. they are nice but are young. two years of lay down time and they will be real nice.. Illusione is the best coming out of that factory. Dions cigars are refined and elegant. His stuff is the closest thing to Cuban nuance even though they taste different. To me Dion makes the best cigars outside of Cuba period.It is all about balance. Illusione flows with the Tao
Dion puts out better cigars that A LOT of stuff coming out of Cuba.

I'm in agreement that the Epernay is better than the Prensado too, which like the above, is just my opinion...

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I got a total steal on some Presnados...bought them mostly because I'm a Tempus fan. It's a pretty decent smoke for me at the $3 price point, but wouldn't call it a number one.