What's new

Actors and Roles you love (or hate)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
When I was reading the Thread Post, the first person to come to mind was Kevin Spacey, who is great in anything he does. But great in The Usual Suspects, and absolutely great in House of Cards! If you haven't seen it, get on Netflix now and watch it. The role is made for him!
He can convey such a wide range of emotion, seemingly effortlessly, and extremely convincing!
From a calm, almost disconnected demeanor, to raging intensity, and the roles just feel real!
I've always liked him in just about every role I've seen him in. But I started watching House of Cards last night and he is over the top in that.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
When I was reading the Thread Post, the first person to come to mind was Kevin Spacey, who is great in anything he does. But great in The Usual Suspects, and absolutely great in House of Cards! If you haven't seen it, get on Netflix now and watch it. The role is made for him!
He can convey such a wide range of emotion, seemingly effortlessly, and extremely convincing!
From a calm, almost disconnected demeanor, to raging intensity, and the roles just feel real!
I've always liked him in just about every role I've seen him in. But I started watching House of Cards last night and he is over the top in that.
How about horrible bosses? He was epic when he gave himself the new position but only 90% of the salary

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tom Hanks as Captain Miller in Saving Private Ryan.
Tom hanks - money pit

Classic stuck in the hole in the floor in the carpet
He's been amazing in several films in my book. Money pit, saving private Ryan and the green mile.
You know... I've watched A LOT of movies and I can't say (that I remember lol) I've seen Money Pit. Have to check it out
Tom Hanks = Forest Gump!! one of the best Movies ever.

Jim Carey - Ace Ventura ( and or any other movie he was in)

Kevin Costner - Dances with Wolves

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Agree with very many of the above. But, some of those actors (Spacey, Murray, Nicholson, De Niro, Walken, etc.) can absolutely crush any role they want to. I will watch any movie with any of them.....although I did have some difficulty with Spacey's accent in House of Cards - wish they'd have just made him from Illinois or somewhere instead of SC.

On the other hand, there's some mentioned that I cannot watch in any role - Stiller, Moranis and Dicaprio come to mind immediately. Not that Leo is a bad actor -- I just can't lose myself with him acting any part other than an 18 year old boy.

As to the Actor/Role 'Hate', I have to mention Charlize in 'Monster'. No argument, she was terrific -- but, that movie has absolutely killed her to me in everything since. I just cannot lose myself in the fantasy of that gorgeous woman without my mind drifting back to her appearance/personality from Monster. It's rather depressing, actually.