What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two and a half years ago I started my cigar rolling journey. Yesterday I accepted a part time position with a local cigar shop that will also include me working live rolling events and paying me pretty lucrative for my services. Not going to quit my day job or anything but if I can find a way to do this full time I would be a happy man.
That's amazing. Congratulations.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Two and a half years ago I started my cigar rolling journey. Yesterday I accepted a part time position with a local cigar shop that will also include me working live rolling events and paying me pretty lucrative for my services. Not going to quit my day job or anything but if I can find a way to do this full time I would be a happy man.
Livin da dream! Huge congrats!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thats the dream, make a living out of something you love to do, living the dream man, well done

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one deserves it more

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Congrats @BrewinHooligan ! That's awesome!

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Sorry I missed it. I had to get some things done around the shack.
Don't worry, we'll do it again! Maybe I'll bunch tomorrow or today on stream...
Congrats buddy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's wonderful news, Jonathan!! I was looking at pictures of your first rolls. WOW, you are now a pro!!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Our resident rolling PROFESSIONAL! :)

When you learn of the "good" leaf sources you'll pass that info along? :)
Well, for now it looks like I will still be using wlt and lo and my employer will be buying my leaf for me. I'm going to encourage them to reach out to find other sources that might have better leaf though and we may be able to coordinate group buys. I have a lot I have to wrap my head around still but I'm confident this is a step in the right direction for me.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, for now it looks like I will still be using wlt and lo and my employer will be buying my leaf for me. I'm going to encourage them to reach out to find other sources that might have better leaf though and we may be able to coordinate group buys. I have a lot I have to wrap my head around still but I'm confident this is a step in the right direction for me.
I'm going to stop by and ask a million stupid questions... kind of like a heckler. LOL

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
OK, BH, We're obviously gonna need your schedule of events, now, as well as the name of that shop, so's we can properly appreciate ...

The shop is called Churchill's Fine Cigars, they have a few locations but I'm in the Tempe spot by the ASU campus. They actually just entered a business agreement with Casa De Montecristo. I don't have any events scheduled yet, just worked my first shift in the shop last night.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shop is called Churchill's Fine Cigars, they have a few locations but I'm in the Tempe spot by the ASU campus. They actually just entered a business agreement with Casa De Montecristo. I don't have any events scheduled yet, just worked my first shift in the shop last night.
How exciting! Did they have you change anything to your rolling style or did they just let you do your thing? Will you still use 'mojo' on your cigars?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
How exciting! Did they have you change anything to your rolling style or did they just let you do your thing? Will you still use 'mojo' on your cigars?
I don't have to change a thing. They basically just find the events for me to work, pay me to work them, and pay for my leaf. It's a pretty sweet arrangement. I will still use mojo on my sticks.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
First event is booked at a super high end resort the start of next month. They want 20 sticks pre-rolled and want me there on site for a couple hours to "roll" (wrap) 20. My leaf is paid for by my employer. I'm getting a decent hourly wage plus per stick fee but I'm really counting on some fat tips to help line my pockets for the holidays. La vida es buena amigos!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
First event is booked at a super high end resort the start of next month. They want 20 sticks pre-rolled and want me there on site for a couple hours to "roll" (wrap) 20. My leaf is paid for by my employer. I'm getting a decent hourly wage plus per stick fee but I'm really counting on some fat tips to help line my pockets for the holidays. La vida es buena amigos!
Que Dios le bendiga