What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment I know littleI wqas actually thinking about
I'm looking for suggestions on flavor profiles.

It would be nice if we had a dedicated section where home rollers could post their comments on the current leaf quality and flavor profile.

Maybe too a thread dedicated solely to blends and a description of the blend profile.
I was actually thinking about offering an excel spreadsheet that could be sorted for searches. I sent a PM to a mod to ask if there was a mechanism to share an Excel file on the forum but never received a reply. Is it possible to share an editable excel spread sheet within the forum?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, here's a pic of me smoking my first home-made cigar. Got everything from Leaf Only. Was surprised it came out okay. Think is, I put the wrapper on yesterday after two days in the binder and mold. It's so dry here the thing seemed smokable to me, so I lit it up and sure enough seemed no different than any store bought $5 from CI. Lots of fun. Next bunch I will let dry and stick in humidor for a while.

Attachments

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Okay, here's a pic of me smoking my first home-made cigar. Got everything from Leaf Only. Was surprised it came out okay. Think is, I put the wrapper on yesterday after two days in the binder and mold. It's so dry here the thing seemed smokable to me, so I lit it up and sure enough seemed no different than any store bought $5 from CI. Lots of fun. Next bunch I will let dry and stick in humidor for a while.
Or just dry box it for a week or two and burn it :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking good

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice job!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Welcome and excellent job!!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Okay, I call bullshit on that, CLS. There is exactly nobody can roll that nice a gar first time ever. Fess up -- you're a ringer -- been rolling for years, right?

Who else here rolled a first gar that nice?
Nobody.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Event was a monster success. The customer purchased two boxes of Padron Anniversaries, one natural, one maduro along with my sticks. In two hours all 40 of my sticks were gone and all the natural Padrons were snagged but a half box of maduros were left. I kept having people asking how to buy my sticks. Let me just say, I hate the FDA. If it wasn't for that nonsense I would probably have my line off the ground already.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I call bullshit on that, CLS. There is exactly nobody can roll that nice a gar first time ever. Fess up -- you're a ringer -- been rolling for years, right?

Who else here rolled a first gar that nice?
Nobody.
LOL, I'm serious. First one. Never did it before. Watched a few videos on Youtube, and the one that Leaf Only sends. I didn't think it was all that hard to tell you the truth. Obviously, any of you guys could find all kinds of flaws in it I am sure, but it smoked pretty good! I'm going to roll up the rest of this tobacco that came in the kit and then go from there.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Event was a monster success. The customer purchased two boxes of Padron Anniversaries, one natural, one maduro along with my sticks. In two hours all 40 of my sticks were gone and all the natural Padrons were snagged but a half box of maduros were left. I kept having people asking how to buy my sticks. Let me just say, I hate the FDA. If it wasn't for that nonsense I would probably have my line off the ground already.
Congrats man! Setup looks great! Glad it went well. I had a feeling it would. Sorry about the BS hassle.. That doesn't surprise me at all.. :meh:
And killer tie!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

The very instant the stinkin nanny state backs off, I'm going to roll out a web site where all and sundry can peddle their wares. I've got the software, the bank gateway, the domains, the server, the experience ... everything but clear sailing.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
The very instant the stinkin nanny state backs off, I'm going to roll out a web site where all and sundry can peddle their wares. I've got the software, the bank gateway, the domains, the server, the experience ... everything but clear sailing.
Well according to friends that just launched a cigar brand, the FDA stuff has been put on hold. Thing is, I don't want to launch and then have them reissue their crap and come back at me asking for fees for each blend I have released. I'm not a big enough operation to be able to manage that.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well according to friends that just launched a cigar brand, the FDA stuff has been put on hold. Thing is, I don't want to launch and then have them reissue their crap and come back at me asking for fees for each blend I have released. I'm not a big enough operation to be able to manage that.
Eggs Ackley. The reg is still there; it's just the enforcement which is on hold. If they hitch up their busybodies again, it takes big time monies to get out of that kinda troubles. I have a corporation, so I could prolly fold tent and sneak away. But then that would hit the other business which the corp does.