What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
What's mineral sparkle, is it plume? I bet a woodworker with a router could make you several sets of molds for way less than $60. I bet you did have fun and I've thought about trying it but I'm sure to fail and waste the money. Glad you ended up with a stick you could smoke!:)
When tobacco grows in mineral rich soils it will have a glittery sparkle from the minerals that wind up in the leaves. It's so sexy!! I will have to see if there are some woodworkers that can hook me up.

Thank you all for the positive feedback!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wow, this is great! And I'd say a damn good job at your first roll of a cigar made by you! Practice makes perfect. I'm excited to see what the future holds for you with the fresh hand rolled cigars. It'll get better and better in time before you know it! Good luck with it and keep us posted with the future cigars you're creating!

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
What's mineral sparkle, is it plume? I bet a woodworker with a router could make you several sets of molds for way less than $60. I bet you did have fun and I've thought about trying it but I'm sure to fail and waste the money. Glad you ended up with a stick you could smoke!:)
I have a router...never thought about doing that!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Wow.

Never knew this was even possible. Too cool. Used to homebrew before 3 kids showed up. Please tell me you dont have kids. I dont think i could handle the shame if you do.
Lol, I have 3 kids ages 4-13 but I am no longer with their mother and only have them 50% of the time. Even still, it's not easy making time for my hobbies. It helps that I work from home and don't have to commute.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hmmm... ill look and see what size bits I have. would it just be two pices of wood with slots that match up to form the shape of a cigar?[
Take two 2x8x24" boards and run all four sides through a jointer to achieve a smooth, flat edge. Then carpet-tape them onto a piece of plywood side by side, and plunge-route 12 slots, 14" long, about 1" apart with a small bit 1st, and then go back with the right sized bit. When you're done, pull the boards off the plywood and you'll have an instant mold that'll accept vitolas from robusto to Churchill. At least that's how I'd do it anyway. If I still had my woodshop, I could knock em out quick & easy. Good luck! (y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry- I forgot to add that you want to find an appropriate wood; pine is NOT an option since its aromatic, and freshly milled oak exudes tannin. You could go with beech or birch or maybe even ash...