What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Wish I wasn't moving this weekend... I have a bunch of different blends to start rolling in this vitola. The San Andres was good, but I think the PA broadleaf or Ecuadorian Habano wrapper would be even better on this blend, at least for my tastes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
leafonly.com & wholeleaftobacco.com are the only places to order tobacco?
There are private farmers and some smaller companies selling non-traditional tobaccos. You can get the leaf from Oliva (the farmers not cigar makers) and some other places in the DR or Nicaragua. At that point you're talking minimum orders of a size that can only be justified in small scale commercial production.

Last edited:

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I didn't realize you could just get on board with Oliva like that. I mean it makes total sense but I figured it wouldn't be that easy. I doubt they give Joe Schmoe the absolute best of the best, that's probably saved for the big money players, but regardless that's a top notch source for leaf.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I didn't realize you could just get on board with Oliva like that. I mean it makes total sense but I figured it wouldn't be that easy. I doubt they give Joe Schmoe the absolute best of the best, that's probably saved for the big money players, but regardless that's a top notch source for leaf.
The only downside to this would be the order quantity required to have an account with them. Although if I ever hit the lottery I would place an order for shits and grins and just roll cigars and smoke all day

Speaking of rolling... Was so pumped about last nights freehand lancero I pumped out another freehand quickie. Same amount of filler as my perfecto and the lanceros but shortened by and inch and increased the rg a bit and the first Hooligan lonsdale has been born. I will still be using my molds, but I will be doing a lot more freehand rolling. It's so much faster and I'll be damned if it doesn't look half bad either.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
The only downside to this would be the order quantity required to have an account with them. Although if I ever hit the lottery I would place an order for shits and grins and just roll cigars and smoke all day

Speaking of rolling... Was so pumped about last nights freehand lancero I pumped out another freehand quickie. Same amount of filler as my perfecto and the lanceros but shortened by and inch and increased the rg a bit and the first Hooligan lonsdale has been born. I will still be using my molds, but I will be doing a lot more freehand rolling. It's so much faster and I'll be damned if it doesn't look half bad either.
Looks damn near perfect my friend!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

Well, learned the sad realization that you really need patience in this hobby. The wrapper is still too wet that it's not burning well and started to tunnel on me. I'll let these bad boys settle out awhile longer before trying again. This did have some decent flavors starting to poke through, very heavy with spice and coffee.

Well, need to listen to Hooligan's rules and roll more hahaha

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

Smoked an ugly little cheroot tonight of a new blend, you know, for research purposes. Minus the nasty burn, the flavors were on point! Creamy espresso and wood, maybe a little spicy. Can't wait to see how these age.

Wish I had some more Dominican seco!