What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a question for the guys that have bought the cigar blends from Whole Leaf Tobacco. Do they come with directions for blending? Do they tell you the proportions of each filler or just toss you some leaf and let you go?

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I have a question for the guys that have bought the cigar blends from Whole Leaf Tobacco. Do they come with directions for blending? Do they tell you the proportions of each filler or just toss you some leaf and let you go?
It does have directions, but just for the parts added not for the amount to use (as that part is up to you)

ex. - 2 parts seco, 1 part corojo, 1 part ligero

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
2 parts/ 1parts... Aren't those proportions, as in a mount to use?

Thats how it works in my language anyway...
Yes in a way, I just meant that it doesn't say the exact amounts of leaves or anything to that extent (which obviously it depends on the size you roll how many leaves you need to use, like I noted above)

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think the way they put them together each "part" is supposed to be a whole leaf. Not that you have to do it that way but switching it up might leave you with leftovers or short on certain parts of the blend.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I think the way they put them together each "part" is supposed to be a whole leaf. Not that you have to do it that way but switching it up might leave you with leftovers or short on certain parts of the blend.
I believe you are right, was just trying to give the most accurate description of what they tell you.

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
2 parts/ 1parts... Aren't those proportions, as in a mount to use?

Thats how it works in my language anyway...
Guess your language isn't as precise as ours. :happy: I'm sure he's asking about how much leaf to use. That is: proportions are given but does 1 part equal 1/4 leaf? 1/2 leaf ? whole leaf, etc.? The answer really depends on the size of the cigar he wants to roll.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Guess your language isn't as precise as ours. :happy: I'm sure he's asking about how much leaf to use. That is: proportions are given but does 1 part equal 1/4 leaf? 1/2 leaf ? whole leaf, etc.? The answer really depends on the size of the cigar he wants to roll.
thank you for breaking that down, my brain is not functioning well yet lol

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Right as long as the proportions are consistent you should be able to tweak the RG and keep the blend in line. Their instructions sort of hint at 1 leaf = 1 part but I think that's just trying to keep things simple for consumers.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
From my perspective it's like making drinks. The larger the drink the larger the part.

I don't think you'd use full leaves to roll a single cigarillo with the same blend ;)

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
From my perspective it's like making drinks. The larger the drink the larger the part.

I don't think you'd use full leaves to roll a single cigarillo with the same blend ;)
Certainly true though their site does note that the samplers are "...enough tobacco to make approximately 15 to 20 - 50 x 7" cigars"

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My mold showed up today. It's a little rough, not sure if I'll be able to use every slot or not. Now I just need glue so I can get back to working on my rolling.

Nice! That looks fully functional from what I can tell. Once your bunches are in the mold you will have to press, let sit for 30mins or longer, rotate 90 degrees and repeat if there are still seams.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That would be great. ..
I find cigar rolling very much hands on. meaning; you will learn more on your own then anywhere else.