What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Gdaddy, not much bliss over at Bliss today. What happened over there? Heard anything? Waiki go wacky or what?

If you post any pics of your beautiful rolls over here, these guys will all get discouraged, might turn to smoking Virginia Slims.
I don't know what happened but Waiki is around here somewhere. I see a post yesterday from Blisscigarco a few posts up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gdaddy, if you have your YouTube links handy the newer rollers and the people considering rolling really owe it to themselves to watch your videos.
Sure thing. Glad they helped you!

Video #1 is for raw beginners to see if they have what it takes to roll a cigar. (pretty easy really)

Video #2 is rolling a bunch using real leaf entubado style.

Video #3 explains the Cuban triple cap.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sure thing. Glad they helped you!

Video #1 is for raw beginners to see if they have what it takes to roll a cigar. (pretty easy really)

Video #2 is rolling a bunch using real leaf entubado style.

Video #3 explains the Cuban triple cap.
Thank you! I had watch (and followed along with) the paper towel test a while back while at work lol. Saw the email the the rollers lounge was closing shop and tried to find your videos on YouTube but couldn't. I'll have to watch all of them before trying my first rolling session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

Fermented flojo viso. Fresh out of the sweatbox for drying. All traces of ammonia seem to be gone. Now has a wonderful sweet aroma, oily as all get out. I think the presence of too much moisture causes some physical breakdown of the leaf. My 2nd batch will all have lower moisture levels.
Looking awesome smokepole!

Btw, good to see everyone over here :)

(Phdstogies)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TravisNTexas
Hey good buddy, remember what number was on that ring band?
Of course I don't remember, but I did take pictures of them! :)
Also of course, I can't figure out how to attach pictures. I managed to create an album, and put them in there, but can't figure out how to tell you where the album is and can't find any help with this forum engine.
Regardless, the two that I have smoked both say 2/23/16 #11 Braz. The first one was a little skinny thing that was really great, then second one was bigger and was very good, but something about the little one was just special. Both drew well and burned nicely.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! New to the forum and cigar rolling and love it.
Me and my girlfriend recently went to La faraona cigars in Ybor City, florida and learned how to hand roll cigars from a cuban lady who owns the shop. She rolled for 25yrs in Cuba and has brought her talents and experience to the states. What a fun time!

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Of course I don't remember, but I did take pictures of them! :)
Also of course, I can't figure out how to attach pictures. I managed to create an album, and put them in there, but can't figure out how to tell you where the album is and can't find any help with this forum engine.
Regardless, the two that I have smoked both say 2/23/16 #11 Braz. The first one was a little skinny thing that was really great, then second one was bigger and was very good, but something about the little one was just special. Both drew well and burned nicely.
Thank you brother! If you use Tapatalk on your phone, the app will upload the pics for you directly into your post. I'll report the blend when i get home tonight, but it definitely has a Brazilian wrapper, which you probably taste more of in the mini torpedo.

We also blend tested the other night

#8 with 1:1 Columbian seco and Brazilian viso was the winner. Hay, earth, and sweet cream. Mild yet flavorful.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you brother! If you use Tapatalk on your phone, the app will upload the pics for you directly into your post. I'll report the blend when i get home tonight, but it definitely has a Brazilian wrapper, which you probably taste more of in the mini torpedo.

We also blend tested the other night

#8 with 1:1 Columbian seco and Brazilian viso was the winner. Hay, earth, and sweet cream. Mild yet flavorful.

What wrapper was on Blend #8 when it won?

What's the source of your Brazilian wrapper? I really like it.

Testing picture insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk