What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Here's a mini from the scraps of the bigger one.

I feel like the filler leaf is dry as its more on the brittle side. Should I be casing those too a bit?
Only a little bit of casing is necessary for filler. Just enough that it doesn't crack while you're rolling it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Here's a mini from the scraps of the bigger one.

I feel like the filler leaf is dry as its more on the brittle side. Should I be casing those too a bit?
If the filler is dry enough to break or turn to dust as you try to use it, go ahead and bring up the case a little. Filler should be just moist enough to hold together while working with it. Too wet and it will result in a roll that is too tight with draw issues

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
What do you guys do with the excess/cutoff pieces? shred and into a cigarette? lol
With how I roll, I have near zero filler waste. I do have scrap binder and wrapper but I usually just toss it because I am too lazy to figure what to do with it. I tried adding some scrap binder as filler once and didn't care for it so I stopped doing that. Some scrap wrapper as filler would probably be pretty good though.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
That's how the leaves I just got from LO came. The stuff I get from WLT if I gently mist with distilled water and gently flatten inside a large ziploc will look that way too after they sit about a day.
Yup, i agree, they are LO quality. The Brazilian viso i use is substantially less flat. But as a filler that really doesn't matter. I get them pliable and then entubado them.
I'm pretty happy with LO overall.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys. Been a while since I've been here. Just want to say everything is looking awesome. Keep it up! I'm unfortunately getting out of the rolling game and I have tons of leaf. I'd be up for some trading if anyone is interested. Im keeping the tools just in case but here is what I have:
LO
7 CT broadleaf wrappers, 8 PA maduro wrappers, 8 CT broadleaf binders, 1/4lb ea of Nic and Dom binders, 1/2lb Nic seco, 1/2lb Nic ligero and 1/4 Dom seco.

WLT
8 CT shade wrappers, 1lb ea of corojo seco and viso, 1lb ea criollo 98 seco, viso and ligero and 1/2lb san vicente ligero.

These are rough weights and less than 5 leaves, if any, were taken from the fillers.

About $200 worth.

If anyone is interested, let me know what you want and we can work something out.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hey guys. Been a while since I've been here. Just want to say everything is looking awesome. Keep it up! I'm unfortunately getting out of the rolling game and I have tons of leaf. I'd be up for some trading if anyone is interested. Im keeping the tools just in case but here is what I have:
LO
7 CT broadleaf wrappers, 8 PA maduro wrappers, 8 CT broadleaf binders, 1/4lb ea of Nic and Dom binders, 1/2lb Nic seco, 1/2lb Nic ligero and 1/4 Dom seco.

WLT
8 CT shade wrappers, 1lb ea of corojo seco and viso, 1lb ea criollo 98 seco, viso and ligero and 1/2lb san vicente ligero.

These are rough weights and less than 5 leaves, if any, were taken from the fillers.

About $200 worth.

If anyone is interested, let me know what you want and we can work something out.
Got any pictures? How has it been stored? What is the condition of the leaf?

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Some scrap wrapper as filler would probably be pretty good though.
Ive been doing this a lot more lately. I'll cut the piece into a decently thin strip I can just slide in one half of the bunch. Trying to work on adding transitions to a blend and so far this has worked ok. Not huge changes but it's a work in progress.