What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
50 RG mold will do it. Robusto Deluxe is made at Tabacos Rancho Jamastran in Danli, a Honduras factory that produces Baccarat and Camacho cigars and others credited by Christian Eiroa.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok I should know this but I don’t.
Using a cigar mold isn’t something I’ve done much. However, while enjoying a rubusto

I’m admiring it’s construction and I would like to start making my cigars in similar fashion.

What size mold shall I use for a rubusto?

Also, can any of you identify the cigar shown in the picture??

Thanks!
A robusto is a 5x50. The 50 is the hardest mold to get since it's used in robustos and toros, the most popular vitolas in this country.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Since I started this thread to document my rolling journey, I owe it to myself and everyone to share that yesterday I was commissioned to roll cigars for a major movie production. It’s incredible the network I have built through social media and how the cigar and pipe community really come together. Since the studios have a ban on tobacco products, I have to use an herbal tobacco substitute as filler and will be rolling a bunch of cheroots that will be highlighted with a hero character. I’ve also been tasked with creating a rope/twist. I am beyond stoked for this and hope that this opens some more doors as well. This is the push I needed to get a business entity established and get a business license so I’m not rogue anymore.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Since I started this thread to document my rolling journey, I owe it to myself and everyone to share that yesterday I was commissioned to roll cigars for a major movie production. It’s incredible the network I have built through social media and how the cigar and pipe community really come together. Since the studios have a ban on tobacco products, I have to use an herbal tobacco substitute as filler and will be rolling a bunch of cheroots that will be highlighted with a hero character. I’ve also been tasked with creating a rope/twist. I am beyond stoked for this and hope that this opens some more doors as well. This is the push I needed to get a business entity established and get a business license so I’m not rogue anymore.
Amazing!! Congratulations and I look forward to seeing where this takes you!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just wrapped my first cigar this past weekend at the PA Barnsmoker with help from an Archetype rep. Bunches were provided. Same as the Axis Mundi. Don’t think I did half bad. Probably have gotten a little better if the wrapper wasn’t cased on the spot. I’m sure I didn’t cut the wrapper leaf like it should be. I could see this being enjoyable at some point in the future when I have more time available. Let it drybox for 2 days before throwing in the wineador. Excited to try it just not sure how long I want to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just wrapped my first cigar this past weekend at the PA Barnsmoker with help from an Archetype rep. Bunches were provided. Same as the Axis Mundi. Don’t think I did half bad. Probably have gotten a little better if the wrapper wasn’t cased on the spot. I’m sure I didn’t cut the wrapper leaf like it should be. I could see this being enjoyable at some point in the future when I have more time available. Let it drybox for 2 days before throwing in the wineador. Excited to try it just not sure how long I want to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a bad way to get a start :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congrats on the epic news!

I have mixed feelings about not being rogue any more, though. ;)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wow, that is beyond awesome! Amazing in so many ways! Congratulations @BrewinHooligan