What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bunch and wrap when the RH is 60+. That's how I do it. That gives me the best possible results. Two weeks ago I did a bunching video in which I said, I'll wrap these in a day or two. It got warm and dry the next day and has stayed warm and dry. Right now, at 9:27 a.m., the RH is 40. I have yet had a single RH60+ chance to wrap those bunches. They are still in the mold.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I bunch and wrap when the RH is 60+. That's how I do it. That gives me the best possible results. Two weeks ago I did a bunching video in which I said, I'll wrap these in a day or two. It got warm and dry the next day and has stayed warm and dry. Right now, at 9:27 a.m., the RH is 40. I have yet had a single RH60+ chance to wrap those bunches. They are still in the mold.
If I waited for a high RH I'd never bunch OR wrap outside of like 10 days total in the summer (i'm exaggerating but we dont get a ton outside of a small portion of our year). I'm thinking about doing what @webmost does and getting a small humidifier to keep nearby while I work.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If I waited for a high RH I'd never bunch OR wrap outside of like 10 days total in the summer (i'm exaggerating but we dont get a ton outside of a small portion of our year). I'm thinking about doing what @webmost does and getting a small humidifier to keep nearby while I work.
I been thinking about that (aromatherapy diffuser cum humidifier) for a few years now ever since GDaddy started talking about it; but it's never been this dry for this long in this town since I started rolling, and we've been in a major drought for 7 years. We are now officially out of it, but....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bliss, you could hang some damp towels round the room. OOPS, I mean towels brought up to proper case. Or you could bring a towel up to proper case and lay it over your leaves. Or in case your... OOPS, there I did it again... I meant to say if you don't like the damp towel idea, you could bring your leaves into the bathroom, take your shower, then roll your gars on the counter while the bathroom is still all fogged up. Fogged isn't case, is it?

Seriously, tho... what do they do in Cuba on a dry day? Prolly just roll faster. That or go work on the secret skiff.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bliss, you could hang some damp towels round the room. OOPS, I mean towels brought up to proper case. Or you could bring a towel up to proper case and lay it over your leaves. Or in case your... OOPS, there I did it again... I meant to say if you don't like the damp towel idea, you could bring your leaves into the bathroom, take your shower, then roll your gars on the counter while the bathroom is still all fogged up. Fogged isn't case, is it?

Seriously, tho... what do they do in Cuba on a dry day? Prolly just roll faster. That or go work on the secret skiff.
Thanks. I ended up furiously misting my cased (not damp) leaves and the general vicinity of my rolling station repeatedly while doubling my rolling speed and got them done yesterday. I think typical rolling places like Havana don't deviate much from mid 70s-low 80s RH. A dry day would be 65 RH.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think on low humidity days they turn on the misters in the rolling room and have the rollers strip down to their skivvies.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow! Seems to me that any rational reading of this item defines unprocessed whole-leaf tobacco as a "tobacco product." (This is relevant to a few of us who have discussed the laws re: import legality and taxes, over the years, and were led to believe that whole-leaf tobacco was not a "tobacco product." I don't see how whole-leaf tobacco can be excluded from "component used in a tobacco product." There is nothing in the meaning of the word component that limits it to electronic bits and gizmos. It means part of a whole. But hey, i'm a cigar roller, not a lawyer for Imperial Brands or da gubmint.)

Tobacco product - As stated in section 201(rr) of the FD&C Act in relevant part, a tobacco product: (1) Means any product made or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption, including any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product (except for raw materials other than tobacco used in manufacturing a component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product); and (2) Does not mean an article that is a drug defined under section 201(g)(1) of the FD&C Act, a device defined under section 201(h) of the FD&C Act, or a combination product described in section 503(g) of the FD&C Act (parts 1100, 1140, 1143 ).

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Wow! Seems to me that any rational reading of this item defines unprocessed whole-leaf tobacco as a "tobacco product." (This is relevant to a few of us who have discussed the laws re: import legality and taxes, over the years, and were led to believe that whole-leaf tobacco was not a "tobacco product." I don't see how whole-leaf tobacco can be excluded from "component used in a tobacco product." There is nothing in the meaning of the word component that limits it to electronic bits and gizmos. It means part of a whole. But hey, i'm a cigar roller, not a lawyer for Imperial Brands or da gubmint.)

Tobacco product - As stated in section 201(rr) of the FD&C Act in relevant part, a tobacco product: (1) Means any product made or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption, including any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product (except for raw materials other than tobacco used in manufacturing a component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product); and (2) Does not mean an article that is a drug defined under section 201(g)(1) of the FD&C Act, a device defined under section 201(h) of the FD&C Act, or a combination product described in section 503(g) of the FD&C Act (parts 1100, 1140, 1143 ).
I'm a pretty good debater, after reading that I would have a hard time arguing based on that, that raw tobacco is not considered a tobacco product

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Geez, now one has to find out if whole leaf tobacco is recognized in the United States Pharmacopoeia, since perhaps this excludes whole leaf tobacco?

(g)
(1)
The term “drug” means (A) articles recognized in the official United States Pharmacopoeia, official Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States, or official National Formulary, or any supplementto any of them; and (B) articles intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in man or other animals; and (C) articles (other thanfood) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals; and (D) articles intended for use as a component of any article specified in clause (A), (B), or (C). A food or dietary supplementfor which a claim, subject to sections 343(r)(1)(B) and 343(r)(3) of this title or sections 343(r)(1)(B) and 343(r)(5)(D) of this title, is made in accordance with the requirements of section 343(r) of this title is not a drug solely because the label or the labeling contains such a claim. A food, dietary ingredient, ordietary supplement for which a truthful and not misleading statement is made in accordance with section 343(r)(6) of this titleis not a drug under clause (C) solely because the label or the labeling contains such a statement.