What's new

After Breath

MadBear

The Original Angry Animal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried everything from the strongest gum to mint. If anyone out there knows of a product that can get rid of the after breath, please pass on the information... it will be most appreciated... not by me but my wife.

I believe the after breath is a part of the experience.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
One thing I found about 8 years ago was drinking some root beer. My ritual is usually to drink plenty of water, after I finish drink a root beer, then brush my teeth. By the next morning the cotton mouth is all but gone and there cigar breath is soooo much better.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I use the BreathRX products...they're expensive, but work better than anything else I've tried (and believe me, I think I've tried everything available at CVS and Walgreens)

www.breathrx.com

I use their tounge spray, tounge scraper, and mouthwash, however I do use my own normal toothpaste (as I found their toothpaste wasn't anything particularly special). The tongue scraper/spray probably makes the single biggest difference, but the mouthwash is pretty unique too. Most mouthwashes I tried have an alcohol-burn, which doesn't seem to help kill the cigar breath...but the BreathRX mouthwash has a chemical-burn instead, which does seem to work.

It must work fairly well; if I smoke a cigar, my wife won't let me anywhere NEAR the bed until after I scrape-n-rinnse with the stuff. :grin:

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
None of these take into account the amount of "scent" that is attached to your face, hair, hands and clothing. Although I do smoke outside, my family has learned to accept the associated scent when I come back inside.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Uh, I think the "scent" is an entirely different issue from his original one. But of course, there's a way to take care of that "scent" as well.

When I get home after a night of smoking cigars with tha boys, I immediately walk to the washing machine, strip, and start washing the cigar-smelling clothes. Then I go hit the shower, and finally use the BreathRX.

Honestly, that handles 99% of the cigar-smell issues.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I actually like the smell of a cigar on my hands. I'll be sniffing after I smoked it. Call me crazy...

But then an hour or two later I'm in the shower and the clothes are in the washing machine.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I actually like the smell of a cigar on my hands. I'll be sniffing after I smoked it. Call me crazy...

But then an hour or two later I'm in the shower and the clothes are in the washing machine.
Me too :rolling:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Smoke Cubans...much less nasty after-smell IMO.

Brushing, scraping, and washing hands and face is pretty much all you can do.

Oh and Cliff, It's kinda like sniffing your fingers after some "action" with the girly huh? :rofl:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Other than a good full mouth brushing + gargle (I use Listerine for at least one minute), you might try:

Altoids mints (probably the strongest mints available and good for a temporary fix)
Eat a meal after you smoke to help remove the residual tobacco oils