What's new

Aging really well?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find this thread quite interesting, mainly because I've always been told NCs dont age or dont change through ageing like CCs do, which to my small mind doesnt make much sense to me.

In the uk we tend to smoke more CCs purely because NCs cost pretty much the same here but I have been experimenting with putting away a few of my fave NC boxes and plan to come back to them in a few years time so this thread gives me some hope. :cbig:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I find this thread quite interesting, mainly because I've always been told NCs dont age or dont change through ageing like CCs do, which to my small mind doesnt make much sense to me.

In the uk we tend to smoke more CCs purely because NCs cost pretty much the same here but I have been experimenting with putting away a few of my fave NC boxes and plan to come back to them in a few years time so this thread gives me some hope. :cbig:
For the most part, they don't. It's only been lately that the boutique cigars that have been coming out are doing a better job at making 'expressions' rather than just cigars.

You're standard General Cigar won't be any better in 2 or 3 years but the small guys like Dion, JD and Pete are making strides in redefining that blanket statement.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are getting better with age, the NCs I mean. Only the real premium ones but bad cigars never change with age at all. And I guess they bony need a real long aging process, they are already using aged tobaccos for something like 5 years or so. 6 months up to one year is enough IMO

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Illusione Singulare Phantom remains one of the most under-appreciated LE's of recent years, at least for me. Amazing cigar, and seems to just keep getting better (to fly in the face of those who mistakenly insist that milder cigars don't change with age).
That's good to hear. I have about half a box left and haven't smoked one since last summer because the last one had an incredibly short finish. I mean simply no aftertaste at all. Very boring. I lined them up all nicely in one of the humi drawers and there they have waited.

My NC aging list would be, in no particular order:
Padron 64 Natural and Maduro
Padron Churchill maduro
LFD stuff
Tat brown and black
LP stuff

Last edited:

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
this is interesting for me as well, since i do not find padrons to be good agers. Anniversary line being far worse in potential to thousand series - its already aged half a decade or more. Does anyone honestly find the preserial padrons to be that great? Take the band off and compare with a dry nica libre.

The padrons get a bit cleaner but flavors dont evolve. Imo.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
yeah, don't really think age helps padrons at all.
lp 9's that are from 07/08 are really doing well now. i think some of the cbl sticks do well with a year on them. not sure how ten years would do on most nc's, however.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
AGING WELL:

A. Opus X.
B. Pork Chops.
C. T52, Dirty Rat, Pig 52 (Just about anything with the American Habano (T52)).
D. Maria Molina on Fox News (She is from Nicaragua BTW). LOL

Best,
JDizzle

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Viaje Oro Reserva DT is a whole different animal now.
Agreed, I've been meaning to say both the Viaje Oro Reserva Double Torpedo and Platino keep getting better and better.

At first they were a little wet. In the last 3 months I've smoked 1 of each and they are really getting good. I still have a few more than a fiver of each and can't wait to see how much more they improve.

One of my favorite Viaje's at this point.

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Being a latecomer to the party, feel free to let me know where I can get 3 or 4 pork tenderloins :blushlove

AGING WELL:

A. Opus X.
B. Pork Chops.

Best,
JDizzle

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
AGING WELL:

A. Opus X.
B. Pork Chops.

Best,
JDizzle
haha! but yea, like previously stated if you know of any hiding places for those chops we'd all be more than happy to hunt them down :ccowboy:

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Agreed, I've been meaning to say both the Viaje Oro Reserva Double Torpedo and Platino keep getting better and better.

At first they were a little wet. In the last 3 months I've smoked 1 of each and they are really getting good. I still have a few more than a fiver of each and can't wait to see how much more they improve.

One of my favorite Viaje's at this point.
After I smoked a viaje dt oro a month back, it was so good I picked up half a box. To me these taste like Padron 26's use to taste about 4-5 years ago.