What's new

All this, for ONE stick?

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Sure looks good! I am not sure it looks as good as what you traded for but I know you wanted to help out not only a BOTL but a serviceman that is protecting our freedom. Good for you Brooks.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Tough cigar to review I'd imagine. How do you keep an open mind about a cigar that's been over hyped and over priced. Not to mention all of the poor reviews that you've undoubtedly heard and read about this cigar. From what you've already written in this thread I can sense you've began to judge it already. Do you take cost into account, the Casa Magna is a perfect example of a cigar that was rated positively more because of price/point than it's merits. Will this one's expense factor into any negative feelings (you did trade away some nice sticks for it)?

Good luck Brooks, I don't envy you your task. I've never had one so I couldn't tell you if it's good or bad, but when it's all said and done and whatever the verdict, you've had added to you cigar smoking experience. I mean isn't that what it's all about anyway?

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Great job Brooks! Even if the cigar tastes like crap, you've got the peace of mind knowing that you helped out a soldier!

Stay classy Brooks! :grin:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I just don't know a damn thing about that Gurkha and it seemed like a alot to trade for it....that's all I meant.

There are still alot of cigars out there for me to experience, you think you have smoked alot and it's only the "tip of the iceberg!"

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I never knew any of this about the Gurkha HMR....

Gurkha His Majesty’s Reserve (HMR) holds the title of “world’s most expensive cigar ever made." If you are looking for the absolute best, this is it.

For years, Gurkha has been known as the "Rolls Royce" of the cigar industry. Its reputation stems from unique blends of rare tobaccos hand crafted by the world’s foremost rollers. ’His Majesty’s Reserve’ is no exception, made from the most expensive cognac and premium tobacco. HMR starts with a rare aged Dominican wrapper that covers a secret blend of filler tobaccos from all over the world. Once the cigars are rolled, they then undergo a unique infusion process that involves an entire bottle of Louis XIII Cognac. This infusion process is very unique in that it does not take away from the tobacco flavor of the aged leaves, but rather complements them in grand fashion.

Fewer than 100 boxes of HMR are produced every year and the allocation of these rare gems is decided by Gurkha President Kaizad Hansotia. Cigar.com is proud to be one of the world’s only authorized dealers to sell this landmark cigar. There is no finer cigar, blend, packaging, or tobacco in the world. There are few blends, if any, that could lay claim to being finer.

Last edited:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I'm wondering if there is any noticable difference between that HMR and the Platinums and Grand Reserves, with both of those it was just an overwhelming Cognac taste.

When you planing on smoking it Brooks???

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You never know. It might be a cigar Brooks will like. Different strokes for different folks. Just knowing that he helped out an American soldier is great. I hope it's an enjoyable cigar. If not be happy that you help out someone that is helping out millions of people every day.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Yeah, I had not seen anyone review it, and I am always trying to do something different :)...

And the fact that I helped another Tat whore get some good sticks, icing on the cake :)

I will smoke it next weekend (after it has stabilized :) and will keep you updated...

I am not a fan of infused cigars in general, but I have an open mind about it... :)

~brooks