What's new

Altadis has officially brought a lawsuit to Tatuaje...

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Altadis USA has brought suit against Tatuaje, Pete Johnson, Jose Pepin Garcia and My Father cigars in regards to the use of the Fleur De Lys. Thoughts...

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I'm not sure its a good idea for anyone to comment on this, since there is a pending lawsuit. I'm sure Pete, The Don and Jaime won't be making any comments and will allow their attorney's to handle it.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm not sure its a good idea for anyone to comment on this, since there is a pending lawsuit. I'm sure Pete, The Don and Jaime won't be making any comments and will allow their attorney's to handle it.
Bill, I am not lookig for Pete to comment on this, just looking to get a little insight.:) I am sure it will go in favor of Pete and the crew, considering the logo cannot be protected by one company. Thanks though bro...

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Sorry if there was already another link. I looked and did not see it. Sorry again, I would never intend to steal anything away from anybody.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Sorry if there was already another link. I looked and did not see it. Sorry again, I would never intend to steal anything away from anybody.
No worries man, just giving you some of the info you were looking for...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, I am not lookig for Pete to comment on this, just looking to get a little insight.:) I am sure it will go in favor of Pete and the crew, considering the logo cannot be protected by one company. Thanks though bro...
I've actually heard the opposite but most definitely hope for your thinking. As I understand it, the fleur wasn't trademarked with the Tatuaje brand, and because of that lack of legal association, he may lose the suit.

Granted, I really hope that that doesn't happen to Pete, and if he does lose, I'd imagine that a large number of other companies in various trades may see themselves in legal proceedings due to this.

Either way, it's a fairly frivolous lawsuit IMO, and the brands are distinct enough that this shouldn't really be of much concern to Altadis.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
yep! and next, Altadis will sue the boy scouts for the use.... it's only the most popular symbol in history!

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yep! and next, Altadis will sue the boy scouts for the use.... it's only the most popular symbol in history!
True but the Boy Scouts don't make and sell cigars and that does make a difference. I still think it's crap. I am not a lawyer at all, but from discussions I have heard, Altadias may not be completely without legal standing here. Hope I'm wrong though...

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
from what I heard, and it is just hearsay, the flor de lis is staying on the Tatuaje brand, but it is getting stopped on the other lines and some other changes. But what do I know. In the end the Tat is still a Tat and anyone who knows it will still be buying it.