What's new

Altadis has officially brought a lawsuit to Tatuaje...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I will say that with the amount of hate mail they must be getting it is notable how they actually take the time to read and reply. Just giving the devil his dues.
Good point. You want to be diligent in your trademark defense but you don't want it to negatively impact public perception. it's a delicate balance for sure.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both we and Pete have the intentions
to solve this among ourselves amicably and fairly and are confident that
we will do so. I'm pretty sure Pete will tell you the same thing if you
contact him.

Your concern is admirable but we're not bullying Pete. He knows that
too."
As a lawyer/litigator, I am personally calling "BULLSHIT" on this one.:shame:

The dispute has been going on for a while now. If the intention is truly to settle this "amicably" between friends, this would have already occurred a long time ago. Two different lawsuits would not have been filed. Minions of expensive lawyers would not have been hired. They wouldn't be spending money on lawyers. They would not have allowed the dispute to become public.

If the only reason Altidas feels the need to file suit is to get an "amicable" settlement on the record and a Final Order entered to maintain precedent, Altidas wouldn't have filed in Florida while the first case was pending in California- instead, the parties would have just "amicably" stipulated to the transfer of the case to Florida.

Just watch how long this really takes...

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I'm sure that Pete has this whole thing under control, I think it would be best to leave this to him and his attorneys. IMHO the best way to support Pete is not with threats or negative feedback toward Altadis but with our continued loyalty to the Tatuaje brand.
That my friends is the best advice! Let Pete and his attorneys hash it out. That is why he pays them money.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just saw where Altadis and Tatuaje have settled their case. Didn't see any details on the settlement though. Anyone here know anything?