What's new

An update on why I needed those thoughts and prayers

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
First, a HUGE thank you for you brothers giving out the good thoughts and prayers to my family and me.

Several weeks back, on an early Sunday morning, my wife that was at 8 weeks pregnant woke up with severe bleeding and dropping tissue. We went to the ER. There, they did some tests... including the blood test, showing levels at 51k. Upon an ultrasound exam, there was still a heartbeat. The Dr. told us to follow up with our Dr. on Monday morning, could not say if she was going to miscarry or not. Later in the day, she passed three more major blood clots. We thought that was it... miscarriage. We did not go back to ER, because there was nothing really to do about it, and we thought we would be back in Dr. office Monday morning.

Monday morning... Nurse said not to worry, probably nothing. Would not have us in for follow up. Said to wait for 12 week appt. My wife pleaded that she wanted to see the doctor. No dice. Later, my wife called back and demanded the 48 hour follow up blood test. Normally, levels would double in 48 hours. Finally got in the next morning for that. Meanwhile, doctor office wouldn't ask ER for records that day. My wife had to go pick them up, and take to dr. office. Wednesday, nurse called back to say levels at 44k. Said normal level for 6weeks. Tried to rush off phone, but my wife explained about the level on Sunday. So, nurse asked available Dr. (her Dr. was on vacation) and he said, yes, miscarriage. Ordered a follow up blood test in two weeks for level check to make sure they come down as they should. At this point, the nurse cancelled our 12week appts.

Last week, my wife had blood test. All this time, my wife was convinced she was still pregnant. Had one major clot passing again in that time frame. Nurse would not call back about blood test. My wife went in and got results on her own. 37,300. So, it had dropped, but never to the levels to show no more pregnancy. Finally, the Dr. called and talked to my wife. She was unaware of any of the miscarriage stuff, and wondered why our appt were cancelled. So, finally got an ultrasound scheduled for today. They didn't actually make the order until Tues this week. Ugh. Nurse was rude to wife on phone... told Carey that SHE cancelled the appointments cuz she "claimed" to have had all this bleeding. Basically saying my wife was making stuff up. We were infuriated.

Anway... today would have been our 12week appt. We went for ultrasound... Normal size for 12 weeks, normal heartbeat!!! We were thrilled. The US tech believes it looks like my wife had a 2nd gestational sac (aka: twins) and miscarried one. Honestly, we are not really upset about the loss of one. But thrilled the one is still there. My son often would put his hand on Carey's tummy and assure us that the baby was fine. I guess he was right!

We feel like we have a huge weight lifted off us.... Thank you so much for the prayers, thoughts, and vibes!!! You all are the best.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Wow I can't even imagine all the ups and downs you must have been having. Happy to hear it's turned out ok in the end. Thoughts and prayers will continue to be sent, Frank

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Great News Frank!!!!

Happy to hear that things worked out. I'm sure your son is going to be thrilled to have a little brother or sister.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
holy cow, man, the emotional ride you all have been on! i hope you all used up ALL the excitement of this pregnancy, and you get nothing but boring, tranquil normal from here on out.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Wow, talk about ups and downs! I have a friend going through something similar now. However, not looking as good for them. Glad everything seems to be ok now, and the best of luck to you and your family! I bet your son is excited for a sibling!