What's new

..and I got my Pinar Del Rio double perfectos!

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
They look awesome, I got the sampler of four robustos (one of each type) and thought that was it - and I was happy with that but oh no, another package on my table today.

What's this? A package? From New Orleans? But I already...

Oh snap!

...and here they all are together, one big happy family

Thanks again rahbass! I've been looking for a smaller smoke for the winter and I think these might be it! I can't wait to try them all.

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
I would recommend some humi time for these as we got a few boxes at the shop and they were a bit "crispy". I guess the shipment got lost with UPS for a bit so the cigars were without humidity for some time.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yep, got mine too... thanks a lot Abe! These new vitolas are smaller than I originally thought but like the original poster, I think they are a great size for a quicker smoke out in the cold! I will let them sit a couple weeks and dig in!

Thanks again Abe, that was great of you to send out 2 samplers! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I would recommend some humi time for these as we got a few boxes at the shop and they were a bit "crispy". I guess the shipment got lost with UPS for a bit so the cigars were without humidity for some time.
Solid info - I read that in your other topic so that's what I'll do. I've had the robustos chillin' in my humi for some time though so maybe I'll spark one of those up this weekend.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I received the Robusto sampler today. Haven't seen the double perfecto sampler as of yet, but maybe that is a day or two behind, given the delivery you guys have received.

Abe, you're a true BOTL. Thanks so much. I can't wait to try these out.

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got mine too, and had the Clasico robusto last week. I really enjoyed it and will be looking for some of these.

Lokking forward to trying the rest of them. Thanks, Abe!

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
:grin:

Smoking pictures up tonight, one of the robustos, as well as a review. I'm thinking I'll break out the perfecto this weekend after they've had some time to settle.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Wow, Burning Leaf on the map! Cool!! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::youarethe

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
...and now a review.

Clerks, written and directed by Kevin Smith, tells the story of two...:rofl:

I keed I keed. I dug into my humidor last night and grabbed the Sun Grown Habano. As a plus this was also my first sun grown cigar. One downer is that most of the pictures were taken outside at night so that means flash which means everything seems a little brighter than it actually is in real life. I paired it with Zaya 12 yr rum, I pair most of my cigars with rum.

The wrapper was fairly smooth with no noticeable imperfections. The cigar was also packed tight, very firm.

It lit easily and the first few puffs gave a good amount of pepper; not overpowering but definitely there and some mild sweetness that blended for a very nice flavor. The draw was a little tight but nothing I would call difficult and produced enough smoke.

Burn has stayed straight the sweet flavor continues, as well as a nice mellow tobacco flavor and a little cedar - I can't taste too much pepper anymore though. There were a few bits of wrapper that ended up starting to unravel but it wasn't a big deal 'cause I smoothed them back down easily and they ended up burning fine. The draw at this point also opened up quite a bit and was putting out smoke like a bonfire. Very nice.

Now this picture looks bad but it really wasn't that bad in person. Not really sure what happened but as I got down to this part it just kind of went...poof and cracked a bit. I think the humidor these were being kept in was running a little on the dry side but in either case it was really nothing to dwell on because it didn't cause any issues with the burn which was what I was concerned about. Great flavor continues and is sweeter/creamier and more full.

And we're down to the end here. The flavor is pretty full at this point and it's very nice, very sweet, and the pepper has returned in the aftertaste/finish. Burn has stayed consistent throughout and has only required minimal touchups. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the nub but I smoked it down plenty far.

Besides going from medium-light to medium-full the flavor didn't change all that much but I didn't mind that at all because the flavor that was there was great. I'll also note that the pepper present in this cigar was great, wasn't overpowering at all and mixed very nicely with the other flavors. The ash was also very tight and I felt confident leaving it on 'til about 3/4th of an inch but I'm gunshy.

Construction issues aside this was a very nice cigar and I have to give Abe another big thanks for sending the samplers my way. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey I dont see any pic's here of someone smoking one...
I have to let them sit in the humidor a few days before I trust smoking them. Who knows what conditions they went through on the trip. I think I am getting sick though, so that may even set me back on smoking one even more. I had friday or saturday in my head. Hopefully it will still happen.