What's new

..and I got my Pinar Del Rio double perfectos!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
woohoo! My Dbl. Perfectos showed up finally. Damn mailman takin' his sweet time with a few packages this week, it seems.

Thanks Abe! Will let you know when I smoke them.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Those Dbl Perfecto look AWESOME! I love that size and salomoes best for a really long smoke. That won't happen for me for a few months now, lol.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Just an update, wanted to get this post up before I got side tracked again. - all of my pics came out horrible but the smokes were great. The Sun Grown double perfecto was similar to the robusto in flavor but had more spice to it that was great. Smoked it down to the nub and could see a few more of those in my future - they're great short smokes.

I also smoked the Clasico double perfecto and it too was really good. Lots of cedar/oak/woody flavors with some vanilla and spice. Burned great and stayed lit even after leaving it for a few minutes to take care of stuff. The ash on this smoke was also really good, I have a picture of it on my phone. I managed to keep it on until almost the end. It was in the running to be my first full ash (eh?) cigar but lost it when I put it down around the last third. Maybe next time. I'd say keep these at around 70% humidity though - all of my humidors are around 65% and the wrapper was still a bit flaky. All in all another great cigar and also worth mentioning that you don't get a whole lot of heat off of these like you'd expect from a smaller stick.

Thanks for the cigars Abe!