What's new

Anejos and Forbidden X are here - Yeah!!!

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
caudio51 said:
I need to get down to Holt's and get some more Anjeo's, I really like them
I e-mailed Holt's a few weeks ago and they said they didn't think they were getting any. Sounded strange to me. Did you get them from Holt's in the past?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I've gotten Anjeos and Opus from them this summer. They had a bunch of it too.

I went to the Townsend store.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
jcgoldner said:
I e-mailed Holt's a few weeks ago and they said they didn't think they were getting any. Sounded strange to me. Did you get them from Holt's in the past?
I wouldn't believe them...They were selling Anejos by the box earlier in the year. I heard of some people calling in to get'm.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I think I am going to get to Holt's this weekend since I have nothing much planned.

I'll give a scouting report when I get back.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
caudio51 said:
I think I am going to get to Holt's this weekend since I have nothing much planned.

I'll give a scouting report when I get back.
Let me know if you're coming down. I'm only 5 minutes from the Townsend Rd. store

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
All this talk of Anejo's has made me dig one from last year from the bottom of the cooler. I'm heading out tp roast some coffee in the garage and will spark it up. The only other one I've had was one night last winter, may have been Christmas Eve. I was outside and it was pretty cold. I remember the flavor being OK but it was kind of plugged and kept going out so I ditched it. I was keeping the NC humi at 70RH at the time and the cold may have been causing the problems. It's 65RH now so I'm hoping for better results.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
cvm4 said:
I wouldn't believe them...They were selling Anejos by the box earlier in the year. I heard of some people calling in to get'm.
It did sound strange that they wouldn't have them. They pretty much get it all at some pretty good prices to boot.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
caudio51 said:
I've gotten Anjeos and Opus from them this summer. They had a bunch of it too.

I went to the Townsend store.
Yeah they always seem to have plenty of Opus. Holt's was pretty much a weekly stop for me before joining the BOTL. I can't remember why I stopped going, huh?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thats a great score.

Its amazing how they did not limit the Forbidden as well.

The Anejos are one of my Non Cuban Favs. The ash that they produce is just awesome.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I just wish ourt local tinderbox got stuff like that more often.
When the get theis opus they are like $18 each
I have had one of the Opus when my wife bought me one for christmas and have only had one anejos.

Its pretty funny that In all my years of smoking I have not had more of those 2 cigars.
Thankfully I have tried most of the other hharder to get cigars.
I still hope to one day try one of the forbidden X or at least see the DVD.
Out tinderbox is a good store for pipes and Tobacco but suck on the slection of cigars and prices.
They tend to charge $3-4 more per stick than they should.
I hope to some day be able to run a full Tobacco store with tons of tinner pipe tobaccos and a huge selection of pipes.

any one got $200k to loan me?

I can wish though.